Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike 'll be dynoed within 2 weeks, so i was wondering what's the best map to start the dynorun. The run 'll be performed by Ten Kate in the Netherlands.
The bike is a sp1(year 2000) with the following mods;
pair/flap removed,
Turn 1 airbox,
Sp2 header to fit sato banzai's.
Sato Banzai's
Power commander III usb.

At this moment the sato low map for '00-'01 is loaded in the pcIII and it runs o.k. lots of power. (sometimes a stall when it runs long idle, maybe a little rich in idle)
Any help/tips are welcome ! Thanks:notworthy

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
+1 with wingnutt..... AND My guess is Your tuner (You Lucky dog) "Ten Kate" will know the SP1 very well. And that's another :twocents for you.;)
You're right, but i think he doesn't know the combination of a sp1 with sp2 sato banzai pipes very well. The banzai aren't very common pipes over here.
Don't call me a lucky dog when you have DK over there(the RC god):D

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
You're right, but i think he doesn't know the combination of a sp1 with sp2 sato banzai pipes very well. The banzai aren't very common pipes over here.
Don't call me a lucky dog when you have DK over there(the RC god):D

HAHAHahaa.. True that.. about Dan Kyle.;)

However,.. "Ten Kate" is a Tunning god too and I'm sure he'll see Any Performace upgrades, no matter what the brand, as an opportunity for More hp...> :D He'll jam...
I would think IF anything is different (NOT normal for him to see) would be Thorsten AirBox... but I'm sure I'd be wrong about that too...;)

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
I always wondered where Ten Kate came from, now I know.
Good luck with your map, I suspect that they will have to change so many things that they'll be better off with a zero map.

Stunna

My bike 'll be dynoed within 2 weeks, so i was wondering what's the best map to start the dynorun. The run 'll be performed by Ten Kate in the Netherlands.
The bike is a sp1(year 2000) with the following mods;
pair/flap removed,
Turn 1 airbox,
Sp2 header to fit sato banzai's.
Sato Banzai's
Power commander III usb.

At this moment the sato low map for '00-'01 is loaded in the pcIII and it runs o.k. lots of power. (sometimes a stall when it runs long idle, maybe a little rich in idle)
Any help/tips are welcome ! Thanks:notworthy

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I always wondered where Ten Kate came from, now I know.
Good luck with your map, I suspect that they will have to change so many things that they'll be better off with a zero map.

Stunna
Here's a link with more info about them, you can buy almost everything used racers(from their own racingteam) and lots of self fabricated parts.:twocents Mostly for the 600rr and 1000rr.
Ten Kate Racing Products, de ultieme motorparts webshop

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ten Kate dyno results. blue was first run with satokyle7 map(little rich), red was last run. Rev limiter at 9750rpm for euro bike ?????? strange as i thought only US bikes had that limiter.
I think the results could be better with rev limiter mod and the d shape header vs o shape exhaust ports.(both o shaped= modded sp2 header)
Bike feels much smoother on the throttle.:)

Attachments

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Hey tuurio,

YES, it is ONLY the USA RC51s which have this "Soft Rev. Limiter" However, I believe ALOT of you guys across the pond there, have
Automatically done this little "wire mod.", before knowing it is the USA RC51s only... "MY" Thought is... IF You guys do this mod. You actually "Turn ON" the Soft Rev. Limiter!.... I have seen this before from one of the members here, which he said He Did this mod. and got the same reading like you!

IF You have done this... Remove it and I Bet You'll be Golden, you'll gain 3 to 5hp!....?

Peace Jeff

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey tuurio,

YES, it is ONLY the USA RC51s which have this "Soft Rev. Limiter" However, I believe ALOT of you guys across the pond there, have
Automatically done this little "wire mod.", before knowing it is the USA RC51s only... "MY" Thought is... IF You guys do this mod. You actually "Turn ON" the Soft Rev. Limiter!.... I have seen this before from one of the members here, which he said He Did this mod. and got the same reading like you!

IF You have done this... Remove it and I Bet You'll be Golden, you'll gain 3 to 5hp!....?

Peace Jeff
Hmm, maybe the previous owner did it, as i didn't touch it. I'll go and check it out.:confused:

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Hmm, maybe the previous owner did it, as i didn't touch it. I'll go and check it out.:confused:
YES! For sure You should, because there is NO reason your SP1/2 should not be pulling like a bitch, all the way to 10,250 rpms, RED Line!

Tuurio: My mind is confused:confused: though, as I couldn't imagine NOT knowing before hand anyhow.... Unless, you never run her up into "Red Line"?

Mine, between the 1st 3 gears, She IS up into 10,250+ RPMs in what seems like, a Blink of the Eye! :rockon IMO, It was one of the best mods., because the SP is really a DOG with the soft rev. limiter activated. LOL

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
YES! For sure You should, because there is NO reason your SP1/2 should not be pulling like a bitch, all the way to 10,250 rpms, RED Line!

Tuurio: My mind is confused:confused: though, as I couldn't imagine NOT knowing before hand anyhow.... Unless, you never run her up into "Red Line"?

Mine, between the 1st 3 gears, She IS up into 10,250+ RPMs in what seems like, a Blink of the Eye! :rockon IMO, It was one of the best mods., because the SP is really a DOG with the soft rev. limiter activated. LOL

No, i didn't know it before, i did bring her to the redline a few times but not very often and it's hard to see/hear the difference on the rev counter and your eyes on the (overcrowded) roads here.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
did the soft rev limiter mod this morning, did a testride and now revs up to 10k+:wtf :)
I must be having a usa ecu!!LOL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts