Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm upgrading the brakes on The Hotrod 926 to SBK level. i have calipers and will soon have rotors and MC's thanks to guys here.
i have seen these little brackets that allow the 65mm spaced calipers to be mounted to the smaller (40mm?) SS/Monster forks. anyone know of a website or any info on this conversion? TIA.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
If the forks are the non adjustable showas, i have a set of the tube lowers with the correct spacing if that helps. You could swap them on to your forks.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have the adjustable forks. i have the part that you linked to but something is not right. it seems like a simple enough deal but i cannot get the holes to line up. anyone have a pic of them installed?

·
Registered
237 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i don't have the style pictured. i have the more blocky looking ones shown on the link.

it seems the adapter is contacting the brake pad. i have to take some time and really look at then instead of spending 2 mins before i leave for work trying to figure them out.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
mikeinwi. said:
i don't have the style pictured. i have the more blocky looking ones shown on the link.

it seems the adapter is contacting the brake pad. i have to take some time and really look at then instead of spending 2 mins before i leave for work trying to figure them out.

Are these the ones you have?

You are putting 40mm sbk forks on your bike right?

Is it possible you have the wrong brackets?

The ones I have for sale..worked with the twin pins and the 4 pad calipers perfectly.

Take a pic so we know what your dealing with:D

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yes. those are the parts i have. i'm using 900SS adjustable forks with SBK calipers. do i have the wrong combo of parts?
as i stated earlier i haven't really taken much time but i have the old calipers off the bike and i'm trying the adapter every conceivable way and the holes don't line up. :mad:
i'll take some pics tonite and post them.
thanks for your help.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
here are the parts i have. i messed with it for a while and i don't see how they will line up correctly. :banghead Sorry they are blurry but it's early and the coffee has not kicked in yet.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
a dude at Yoyodyne clued me in. i have the wrong adapters. they are for putting the smaller calipers on SBK forks. who would do that? anyway i got them with the sweet calipers so no biggie.

a friend in Green Bay has a set of the right adapters so we are on our way again.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts