Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever try one of these?

Honda

It's on the lower page. $150 sounds like a deal to me.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Or the CF gas tank.....never heard of this company before but the prices are awesome!!!

·
Slightly Unstable
496 Posts
keep one thing in mind, that $150 is for the open airbox that seals under the tank and it doesnt work on the sp2 (just got off the phone with the owner of squidskinz) so anyone with an sp2 will need the closed airbox that is shown as $300 on their website for the fiberglass unit.

·
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thought the tanks were the same on both generations of SPs. What's the difference?

·
Slightly Unstable
496 Posts
the tanks may be the same, but the airboxes werent. i know that they had different size throttle bodies, but not sure why else it wouldnt work. as i said i spoke to the owner named James this morning. give him a call the phone number is on the website.

also, one question i didnt ask him, but have been researching; is does the thermostat have to be removed to install the sp2 airbox?

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
I was under the impression that the thermostat nees to be removed for the Mori or Mori look-a-like airboxes. The Squid Skinz have been around for some time but I haven't heard of anyone on this site thats owned one. The frames are different surrounding the Airbox area for the two models which requires a specific aftermarket (tank sealing) airbox.

If the owner says his unit is for the SP1 only, I would trust that statement.:twocents

·
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the tanks may be the same, but the airboxes werent. i know that they had different size throttle bodies, but not sure why else it wouldnt work. as i said i spoke to the owner named James this morning. give him a call the phone number is on the website.

also, one question i didnt ask him, but have been researching; is does the thermostat have to be removed to install the sp2 airbox?
I see. I remember the Turnone's being specific. I just couldn't remember why.

Now I know.

I'd like to see that SP2 airbox in action. Who's running the Moriwaki one? Got pics?

·
Slightly Unstable
496 Posts
I was under the impression that the thermostat nees to be removed for the Mori or Mori look-a-like airboxes. The Squid Skinz have been around for some time but I haven't heard of anyone on this site thats owned one. The frames are different surrounding the Airbox area for the two models which requires a specific aftermarket (tank sealing) airbox.

If the owner says his unit is for the SP1 only, I would trust that statement.:twocents

thats right, the owner of squidskinz told me just that... the frames are different.

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
sp-2 frames have gussets and the tb holes are bigger on the box.:twocents

·
Registered
947 Posts
keep one thing in mind, that $150 is for the open airbox that seals under the tank and it doesnt work on the sp2 (just got off the phone with the owner of squidskinz) so anyone with an sp2 will need the closed airbox that is shown as $300 on their website for the fiberglass unit.
iirc it's the fitment for the frame vs engine component location according to T1

·
Registered
296 Posts
It's been a month, man. Any news?
So I finally received the SquidSkins SP2 airbox.
This is based on the Moriwaki airbox.
The airbox I ordered is fiberglass (unless C-F is requested). The color is just black paint.
I didn't care for the cover latch method, so I removed them.
I will be installing a couple of spring-loaded draw latches instead.

Here are some photos of the airbox.

·
Registered
296 Posts
not too bad at all for the price

i would charge prolly $300 for that unit in carbon so your price i very fair

thanks for posting the pics
Actually, the SP2 only closed airbox is $300 CDN.
The SP1 only open top airbox (T-O/Durbahn copy) is $150 CDN.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts