Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday we were doing our "We are such losers for not going to MotoGP" ride through Litchfield County,CT. Beautiful day, clear roads, in general a great ride. But the low light was a short highway section. 2 lanes widened to include a 1/2 mile exit lane. This gerbil on a GSXR pulls into the exit lane, slows to 20 mph causing the heavy traffic behind him to come to almost a standstill. Then he pulls a major "look at me and my shorts" wheelie. My first instinct is to get the hell out of a bad situation - so I pinned it past him. My friend following said he was just able to get it back down on the ground. I guess a 999 at over 10k was a little too much for his little ears. He wasn't wearing a helmet of course. I actually felt kinda bad cause I wouldn't want to cause an accident if he crashed. On the other hand there was no way I was going to follow him while every car on the road tried to figure out where to go.

On a related note I did have some fun with a group of big, loud Harleys. Usually I am really nice, pulling in the clutch or upshifting when I see someone riding a horse or walking a dog. But those harleys are loud, slow moving chicanes. Passing three or four each short straight, bouncing off the rev limiter. They sit so low I figure my pipes are right about ear level. Gee, that wasn't squidly was it?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Squids...I really hate squids. (Racer666)

I think you are preaching to the choir!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Gee, that wasn't squidly was it?

I guess it depends on what group is making the decision on your squidliness. If it was the guy in shorts holding up traffic while doing a wheelie, you are his new found hero ! If it was the Harley guys making the decision, you are a proud member of the Squid Squad. Congratulations !

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Squids...I really hate squids. (rc51rob851)

Yep, that was my point - squid can be in the eye of the beholder. Though I would defend passing as pretty normal, wheelies on the freeway as squid.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I don't worry about Squids anymore because I have done soooooo many stupid things on a bike. Some a bit more idiotic then others, so I can't really be too critical until I've cleaned up my own act. Which to be honest, I'm not really sure will happen.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Squids...I really hate squids. (rc51rob851)

Aren't squids bait? Just chop 'em up and put them on your hook and cast them out there. Oh yeah, they smell bad too.
I've been in the same situation, I just pass the wheelie look at me boys and ride responsibly, well kinda if you don't count the high speeds and passing but what the hey. Where in Litchfield was the squidly boy wheelie incident? Route 8? I would have been out that way riding myself if it was not for my new house unpacking just moved gotta fix this and change that blues I had all damn day

Oh yeah, avoid the town square section of Litchfield (Rt 202 and 63 I think it is) on weekend mornings, the state'ies are doing motorcycle check points and writing tickets for loud pipes, non oem rear fenders, turnsignals, marker lights.... you name it.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Squids...I really hate squids. (Ducaholic)

Ducaholic,

Exactly, Route 8 at the Merrit exit. We were up to Kent, then over to Lake Waramuag, breakfast in Washington, then back down through Roxbury. Thanks for the tip on Litchfield. I almost met my wife and daughter there for breakfast Sunday morning.

Aaron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts