Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about getting my truck sprayed.

Upon much search and reading people testimonials online, seems like Line-X is the way to go.

Local dealer quoted $440 to do my F150.

Comments? Suggestions?

Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Spray-in bed liner for new truck advice needed (jbraslins)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jbraslins »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thinking about getting my truck sprayed.

Upon much search and reading people testimonials online, seems like Line-X is the way to go.

Local dealer quoted $440 to do my F150.

Comments? Suggestions?

Thanks.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yep......took my Silverado to the Line-X shop three days after I bought it....be sure to spring extra for the side strip......would never buy another truck without a Line-X. There are other brands but none of them are as good as the Line-X no matter what people will tell you. Go for the gold standard.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jbraslins »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What's a side strip?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Don't know if this is the right wording....you have either a choice of just lining the bed, that is, the floor, three walls and the inside face of the tailgate only or those items plus doing the top horizontal section too....rolling the walls up and over. They will tell you all that. If you are going to spend the money on doing it, do it right.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I had Ziebart spray the liner into the interior tub of my Jeep Wrangler when I had my rust proofing / paint protection done. The liner stuff is tough as nails, but has a little give to soften the hit if I drop something. It also makes the vehicl a LOT quieter!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Spray-in bed liner for new truck advice needed (spezjag)

I got it on my truck. It was great at first (put in in in 2001), but it has lost most of the wet grip now. If it rains, stuff slides.

Also I tipped a 55 gal drum (of VP race gas) over in the truck and it dented the inner fender and put a cut the liner. A slide in one may have taken the hit without the damage.

I don’t think that you will need the side strip – don’t all Fords have the plastic tops on the bed?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Spray-in bed liner for new truck advice needed (Eddie)

Eddie,

Was yours line-x or rhyno or some other 3rd party material?

This is the first time ever i saw anyone say that Line-X did not protect their vehicle.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Both of my trucks are lined with Rhino Lining (done in '98 and '01), and it has performed flawlessly. I highly recommend it. Price was about the same, roughly 450 for the F-150...

I even had a wooden loading ramp sprayed, and it still works great!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Spray-in bed liner for new truck advice needed (AZ Scott)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AZ Scott »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I even had a wooden loading ramp sprayed, and it still works great!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Good idea!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jbraslins »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Eddie,

Was yours line-x or rhyno or some other 3rd party material?

This is the first time ever i saw anyone say that Line-X did not protect their vehicle.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Almost positive it was Line-X. It was a brand name - I got the place that put it on from their web site, so they should know what they were doing.

It was the sharp edge of the drum that hit the inner fender - I think that a drop in liner would have absorbed the shock, but it may have been cut as well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Spray-in bed liner for new truck advice needed (Eddie)

Rhino liner
have it in my Tundra, tough as nails, was about 350$ got it black but I think they color match.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
line x looks the nicest ,but as a car freak they all make me puke.if your putting heavy sharp things in the back of a $30,000 or more truck you need to get a beater.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (kaos)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kaos »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">line x looks the nicest ,but as a car freak they all make me puke.if your putting heavy sharp things in the back of a $30,000 or more truck you need to get a beater. </TD></TR></TABLE>

So you think it's better to buy a $30,000 truck and don't use the bed at all, lest you scratch it?

That's what TRUCKS are for, poser. If you damage the bed liner in your $30,000 truck, guess what? When you sell it, you can get a re-spray and it will look brand spankin' new! In the meantime, USE the damn truck like you're supposed to!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (AZ Scott)

I worked with a guy once that had a nice truck, nothing special. The thing was spotless and the bed looked like brand new.

When he had to go the local home improvement store to pick up a half dozen 50lb bags of concrete, he hooked up his trailer.

He might as well been driving a Honda Accord.

Pick 'em ups are meant for work, even if they cost $30K+

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
never said i don't use my truck,it has a rubber floor mat and hauls almost anything.But i work in autobody and have found spray liners give a false sense of security.Throw a landscape block and it will still dent.Never seen a nice repair on a sprayed liner yet,never seen a mint box after a couple of years with a drop in liner also.I just take care of my stuff,and it's resale makes it worthwile.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Line X bed liner

I went with the Line X bedliner and it came out looking very nice. I've had it in almost three years now and it has held up well. Note that in their warranty, they don't say anything about fading. Mine has slowly faded; it's still black but certainly not as nice as it once was. Also, I had to haul some dirt one time and it looks like that has stained it some. Not sure if that will come out. The traction and protection afforded by the stuff is top notch. One further comment - the Line X installer insisted on sticking his emblem in the bed of the truck, on one side for identification purposes; they then spray over it with the material. I asked him to move it higher up, closer to the bed rails so that it did not stand out so much. Overall, it's been a good investment. Be sure to consider in advance how far up and over the rails and tailgate you want them to apply it. Also, when you get the truck back, do a very careful inspection for overspray. As you can imagine, this stuff sticks extremely well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: Line X bed liner (Spirit)

Rhino Liner. Lifetime warranty good at any Rhino Liner distributor nationwide, no questions asked.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Rhino is the way to go. I have heard stories regarding material deterioration (fading, peeling, and rust between the line-x and bed) with Line-X. Rhino has a very good lifetime warranty that covers a lot of things that Line-X wouldn?t. The best part of the warranty is knowing that I will never need it.

I have had a Chevy Silverado and a Ford work van done with the Rhino and after 8 years of dirt bikes, track days, concrete blocks, tools, rocks for the yard and helping everyone in the planet move and it looks as good as it did when I had it put in.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: (Milhouse)

So, it's worth spraying an old truck with a beat up bed like in my '93 F150? I currently don't use the plastic one, because undesireable movement of bike.

The spray liners must offer the best grip, right? I guess the spray only comes in black? My truck's white. White polyurethane spray liner?! (deviant comment no. 362: or, I was thinking perhaps a tobacco sunburst, or something from early English impressionists...)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Good stuff. I deff. recomend it. I only paid 270.00 for it so shop around a bit before you pay that much...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts