Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 1000 sport will be available in three colors.
Yellow/black strip
Red/withe strip
Black/white strip

Accessories catalog for the three models will be soon available.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Sportclassic: 1000 Sport colors. (El Gladiateur)

Where did you hear that??? This is the first I've heard, but cool if it's true!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Sportclassic: 1000 Sport colors. (AZ Scott)

My Store dealer has had the info from Ducati-France.
The customers who reserved the 1000 sport have up to August 5th to choose the color.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Seems to me that a Sport Classic (Sportclassic Sport?) in a color other than yellow would be just plain wrong...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

i saw the color test models while at the factory in june ... they look great in the black and white, and depending on which of the 4 colors of red they choose for production, the red and white looks good too.

ciao,
johnc

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i would think it would look great in black...
at laguna when i saw the sport and smart next to each other i called my dealer to change to the Paul Smart..now i dont know what to do???

Modified by robo at 10:30 PM 7/21/2005

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
all the colors are up on the sport classics owners page....the black looks GREAT....

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: (robo)

Is it possible to have these pics elsewhere?
(not from a jedi...
)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i just sent you a pic of the black sport and the smart..i'll send the rest in a bit..

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: (robo)

Will you post the pics please? Or at least try to if they let you.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: (tattooskickass)

I don't remember ever receiving a letter or e-mail telling me what my "username" and password would be for the Sportclassic owners' area. How did you guys get yours?

I've received several other letters about the bikes - including the cool bandana
- but no password that I can remember...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: (foggy123)

I was looking at this bike while at Mid Ohio... it looks like it wouldn't be all that hard to put dual shocks and a more traditional exhaust on this bike. Borrowing parts off the upcoming GT might even make it a bolt-on mod?

Then again, I probably wouldn't bother... not until GTs are getting wrecked/parted out anyway!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Well, my dealer doesn't know anything about this...

He's going to call his rep and see what the deal is. Maybe it's sacrilegious, but I'm leaning toward the black/white Sport myself!

The pipes aren't quite as obnoxious looking in person, but yeah, they still have to go. I wonder what will be available for them? Maybe a set of stainless steel shotgun megaphones?

I already know I'm getting rid of the big chrome bar-end mirrors for a set of black CRG's. That was the most glaring aspect of the bike when I walked up to it...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Cool, thanks for posting that!! I like all the colors!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: (AZ Scott)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AZ Scott »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well, my dealer doesn't know anything about this...

</TD></TR></TABLE>

DucSea sent out an email on this. Cool bikes.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Re: (Mental998)

The following will update you on the production schedules, production quantity of the Paul Smart 1000 Limited Edition, two new colors that will be offered for the Sport 1000 model and early availability of accessories for the Sport Classic family.

Production schedule

To re-confirm the new, much earlier than expected, production start dates:
Model Production start Model Year

Paul Smart 1000 Limited Edition: September 2005, 2006
Sport 1000: October 2005, 2006
GT 1000: May 2006, 2007

Please note that these are the production start dates, and production sequence and shipping time from the factory will affect the actual appearance in our market. Additionally, you will recall that consumers that have reserved a Sport Classic will receive delivery priority. As we get closer to the production date, we will update you with a more accurate shipping schedule.

Paul Smart 1000 Limited Edition
Confirmation that the production Paul Smart 1000 would be a Limited Edition, with ?lins suspension front and rear and painted in Classic Silver bodywork and Sea Green frame, as on the 1974 750 SuperSport, was announced in March of 2004 just prior to the consumer reservation period. Subsequently, the first appearance of the bike painted in the final colors was revealed in photographs in May 2005 in the Sport Classics appear at the MotoGiro Press Release, as well as on ducati.com. Today we are announcing the total production figure for the Paul Smart 1000 Limited Edition will be 2000 units worldwide. (You may recall that the total production for the MH900e was also 2000 units.)

Sport 1000 - new colors
Up to now the only color that the Sport 1000 has been shown in has been Burnt Yellow. Additional colors were requested by many of you during early surveys and additionally by Ducatisti around the world. This is the first official announcement of two additional colors - Black with a white stripe, and Red with a white stripe.

Accessories
Shortly there will be a catalog of Sport Classic accessories, from performance exhaust systems, to magnesium engine components to Ducati Classic riding gear. We have worked hard this year to provide you with this information, and the items, early to take full advantage of the enthusiasm that surrounds the introduction of new models.

The new production dates and early delivery. In the specific case of Sport 1000 owners now have a new color option, so please confirm with us the color preference by August 6th. If they do not specify a color, the assumption will be that they want a Yellow version as originally ordered. We will be asking you to confirm your Customer Specific Reservation color choices to us by August 15th.

If you have been on the fence about ordering one, we still have a few spots open for the initial deliveries, give us a call soon and get your name on one of these Classics

1 - 20 of 20 Posts