Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's a good ramp for loading a sportbike into a normal (factory height) 4WD pickup truck?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Sportbike Loading Ramp for PUP? (Spotted Wind)

I just use one of these...

...and a long 2x10

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Sportbike Loading Ramp for PUP? (Dave)

I bought a folding aluminum ramp from Home Depot for $120. Its great and doesn't flex an inch when you roll a 550lb bike up it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Your ATK, Aprilia, Ducati, Harley-Davidson, Honda, KTM, Kawasaki, Moto Guzzi, Suzuki or Yamaha deserves a ReadyRamp®!</TD></TR></TABLE>

I guess the ReadyRamp® can't be used to load my Triumph.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Sportbike Loading Ramp for PUP? (Dave)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dave »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just use one of these...

...and a long 2x10</TD></TR></TABLE>
Ditto....... I have the 12 inch ones from Lowes.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (bung)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bung »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I guess the ReadyRamp® can't be used to load my Triumph.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's because you need a special "left-handed" ramp for a Triumph.

(And yes, the Japanese manufacturers have "Americanized" their bikes for use with right-handed ramps...)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (AZ Scott)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AZ Scott »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

That's because you need a special "left-handed" ramp for a Triumph.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Now that's funny. Much better than the "Cafe Racer" joke form the other thread.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (Cafe_Racer)

I experimented with this....

http://www.ramp-kit.com

Aluminum/Galvanized Steel Hybrid
100” long x 16” wide with 4” cross bar spacing (the kit comes with two ramps but at 16" wide, one is actually all I need...)

It's cheap but you have to build it yourself (super easy but time consuming...).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (hank)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hank »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I experimented with this....

http://www.ramp-kit.com

Aluminum/Galvanized Steel Hybrid
100” long x 16” wide with 4” cross bar spacing (the kit comes with two ramps but at 16" wide, one is actually all I need...)

It's cheap but you have to build it yourself (super easy but time consuming...).</TD></TR></TABLE>

The seven foot arched ones are what I use and they are excellent. You can walk up on one while the bike goes up the other so that you can hold on to the handlebars easilt. I hope I don't fall off someday.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (bung)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bung »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I guess the ReadyRamp® can't be used to load my Triumph.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh, you can load your Triumph with a ReadyRamp®... It just doesn't deserve it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (banda)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by banda »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Oh, you can load your Triumph with a ReadyRamp®... It just doesn't deserve it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

1 - 13 of 13 Posts