Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished reading the Sport Rider V-Twin comparison and saw that it shaped up just as I figured it would. The Duc 999 has been upgraded to give it more power than the others out of the box. The Aprilia R has been upgraded with power and brakes. The RC is unchanged since '02. The article goes on to highlight the strong and weak points of all the bikes with the RC holding its own but not excelling against the others in any of the tests. Finally, at the end of the test is a short piece by each of the three test riders sharing their overall opinions of the three bikes. Two of the three ultimately said that they would pick the RC over the other two, use the money saved in the lower sticker price to add the mods needed to bring the bike to fighting trim, and have a better bike than the two Italian jobs and money left over to do track days.

I guess my point in all this is to curse Honda for not keeping up with the development of the RC so that we could have a better bike out of the box and more money left over for track days. I would love to see what the factory could do to the RC with the info that they have now that the SP2 has been out for 4 years. I know it will never happen, but I can dream I suppose.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Sport Rider V-Twin comparo (mcoomer)

i just got the mag in the mail yesterday and it went pretty much how i thought it would too. i WAS suprised though at how well all 3 performed, and even more suprised at the fact that the RC, which hasn't been updated in a few years, held on quite well. i was kinda suprised though at how the thing is, i've been trying to do my shopping for a bike over the past few months (i'm in iraq) and when i get home, buy a new bike. it was such a tease to see an article with 3 of my favorite bikes, and 2 of which i'm looking at buying. i think that i will go with the RC though. it's cheaper than the aprilia and i can use the money i save to put aftermarket stuff on.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Sport Rider V-Twin comparo (mcoomer)

I'm still waiting for my SR issue
Did I pay my bill? Hmmm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts