Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so guys who got them on order what color did you get??

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: sport classics?? (robo)

The oldest marketing trick in the book. When you don't really have anything new to offer you play the nostalga(classic) card to create exitement ie: Harley-Davidson. How many ways can you package the same motor? And what percentage of riders other than old die hards know or care who Paul Smart is. At least when they played the Fogarty card a few years ago people could relate. IMHO Ducati is really reaching with these.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: sport classics?? (Webman)

Hey, I thought SEX was the oldest marketing trick in the book!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Webman »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The oldest marketing trick in the book. IMHO Ducati is really reaching with these.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well they reached me. I'd love to have one in my garage. With a leaned-on engine I'd be a classis that actually performed. I started riding in the 70's so these things have a look I can relate to...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Webman »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The oldest marketing trick in the book. When you don't really have anything new to offer you play the nostalga(classic) card to create exitement ie: Harley-Davidson. How many ways can you package the same motor? And what percentage of riders other than old die hards know or care who Paul Smart is. At least when they played the Fogarty card a few years ago people could relate. IMHO Ducati is really reaching with these.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Then you definitely don't want to buy one. Don't fall for the hype!

(Meanwhile, my girlfriend and I will be having a great time riding our beautiful Sportclassics. I guess we're just suckers!)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts