Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have a Sport Classic on order, you already heard the news, but the Paul Smart 1000 and Sport 1000 are both due for production this fall, so you can expect them before Christmas, I would think.

Here is the first photo I've seen that shows these two in final production trim. Note the green frame and Ohlins suspension front and rear on the PS 1000...

The complete press release can be read here.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Sport Classics are on their way this fall! (AZ Scott)

How do people rate these relative to the MH900e?

I think that the orifonal special (MHe) is significantly better in most respects (sexy single side swing-arm, more radical bodywork, actually hand-made, etc) but then I own one and may be biased!

Does anyone how many of these are going to be made - are they also being limited and numbered?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Sport Classics are on their way this fall! (deimh)

Scott which one you ordered? i guess the PS1000....

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Sport Classics are on their way this fall! (Giannis)

I ordered both!

Jess wants the Paul Smart, so the Sport will be mine...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AZ Scott »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I ordered both!

Jess wants the Paul Smart, so the Sport will be mine...
</TD></TR></TABLE>

So, how many bikes will there be after these two?

I've tried to get my wife to ride, so I could get more bikes too.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Sport Classics are on their way this fall! (deimh)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by deimh »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How do people rate these relative to the MH900e?
(sexy single side swing-arm, more radical bodywork, actually hand-made, etc) but then I own one and may be biased!</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think given my experiences I will never buy another "hand made" or limited edition bike again, "exclusivity" comes at too higher price both $$$ wise and mentally.

I bought mine to ride but the reality is they are a glass case bike.

Personally, if I was consumed with "Passion" I would wait until the series 2 comes out after all the failures are sorted, sounds negative, believe me it is positive.

I still believe the MH900e is one of the sexiest bikes that rome the planet along with the MV Augusta F4 1000 AGO and Tamb.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Sport Classics are on their way this fall! (Monstaman)

I'd like to believe (knock wood!) that Ducati learned some lessons with the MH900e, and that they'll have these bikes fairly well sorted out. I hope!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by trussdude »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

So, how many bikes will there be after these two?

I've tried to get my wife to ride, so I could get more bikes too.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sometimes I wonder if it's a good thing or a bad thing that Jessica loves motorcycles. It's awesome that she encourages me to fill the garage with exotic bikes, but it sure doesn't do my bank account any favors!

Naaaah... I think I'll keep her!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

the Sport Classic sure is a looker.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AZ Scott »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Sometimes I wonder if it's a good thing or a bad thing that Jessica loves motorcycles. It's awesome that she encourages me to fill the garage with exotic bikes, but it sure doesn't do my bank account any favors!

Naaaah... I think I'll keep her!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh, it's a good thing!
He can have as many bikes as he wants. As long as I can have one or two for myself! (I already have dibs on the Paul Smart!)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I haven't figured out how I'm going to get the Sport into the garage without the wife flipping out.. Anyone want to help me stash a bike? :)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Sport Classics are on their way this fall! (drthompson65)

Get a new wife!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Sport Classics are on their way this fall! (tattooskickass)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tattooskickass »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Get a new wife!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I wish it was that easy.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: Sport Classics are on their way this fall! (trussdude)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tattooskickass »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Get a new wife!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by trussdude »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I wish it was that easy.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

It is that easy. Expensive....but easy.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Surprise!!!??? Ducati moves up Sport Classic production. So why now? take a look at Ducati's most recent financials for the 1st quarter of 2005. Another loss, sales of bikes are taking a beating in the European market, especially Monsters, why Yamaha Mt-01 is killing Monster sales, the Supersport line has been effectively discontinued because they really don't produce any if you consisder 300 to 400 bikes per quarter. everyone knows the problem with the 999-749 line of bikes, love them or hate them styling and questionable durability and reliability, Multi Strada seems to sell well in Europe, but a dismal sales flop in North America, St3- St4 no factor. Soooo it it any wonder why the Sport Classics were moved ahead into production, Do you think Ducati wants to lose the sales of 3000 bikes ( probably less because a certain amount of people will back out) at a outrageous profit margin, Unfortunately they are way overpriced for what you get, old time bikes deserve old time prices. Things are not going to well in Ducati land and Minoli needs sales to keep from have his head chopped. When will things turnaround???

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: (Redduc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Redduc »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Surprise!!!??? Ducati moves up Sport Classic production. So why now? take a look at Ducati's most recent financials for the 1st quarter of 2005. Another loss, sales of bikes are taking a beating in the European market, especially Monsters, why Yamaha Mt-01 is killing Monster sales, the Supersport line has been effectively discontinued because they really don't produce any if you consisder 300 to 400 bikes per quarter. everyone knows the problem with the 999-749 line of bikes, love them or hate them styling and questionable durability and reliability, Multi Strada seems to sell well in Europe, but a dismal sales flop in North America, St3- St4 no factor. Soooo it it any wonder why the Sport Classics were moved ahead into production, Do you think Ducati wants to lose the sales of 3000 bikes ( probably less because a certain amount of people will back out) at a outrageous profit margin, Unfortunately they are way overpriced for what you get, old time bikes deserve old time prices. Things are not going to well in Ducati land and Minoli needs sales to keep from have his head chopped. When will things turnaround???</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, aren't you just a ray of f*cking sunshine...

Thanks for coming. Have a nice life.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: (AZ Scott)

thanks for the pic scott. do you know if they're both single seat bikes? can't make out passenger pegs on either... but that's a good thing.

i'm really impressed with these bikes. I've always thought vintage stying looks great when it's thoroughly updated with modern componentry. as cafe-racers these make those "stealth fighter" styled bikes like the z1000 look goofy.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: (monarc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by monarc »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thanks for the pic scott. do you know if they're both single seat bikes? can't make out passenger pegs on either... but that's a good thing.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm not Scott, but I can answer your question. The only Sport Classic with passenger accomodations is the GT1000.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts