Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
Fantastic Race. I was cheering for Hopper too but I think he still had a stellar year and looks to be on form. At the end of the day nobody expected him to even threaten for that championship and he nearly took it.
If only he focused on the BSB title and didn't get hurt yet again.:eek:

·
12,576 Posts
It's hard to turn down Moto GP I guess. Everyone wants to be there. Everyone wants the glory.
His BSB team busted their ass to get him to the top and now THEY have to suffer. I understand the desire to be in the spotlight but how about a little focus. Especially with a guy more fragile than fine china.:eek:

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
His BSB team busted their ass to get him to the top and now THEY have to suffer. I understand the desire to be in the spotlight but how about a little focus. Especially with a guy more fragile than fine china.:eek:
+1

I had a co-worker volunteer for an assignment and in the end he didn't deliver on the assignment he volunteered for and his BAU activities also suffered. The boss was pissed. That's basic work ethic. You can't volunteer for a project (even if it's highly visible) and then not meet expectations on what's expected of you in your day to day duties. hahahahahahhahahahaa

·
12,576 Posts
+1

I had a co-worker volunteer for an assignment and in the end he didn't deliver on the assignment he volunteered for and his BAU activities also suffered. The boss was pissed. That's basic work ethic. You can't volunteer for a project (even if it's highly visible) and then not meet expectations on what's expected of you in your day to day duties. hahahahahahhahahahaa
He's probably one of those Occupy Wallstreet assholes now that he's jobless.:D

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
Sounds exciting... mercy where is the video???

·
Street and Track Moderator
3,888 Posts
He had a great season, was really pulling for him. He now needs to keep himself clean as very few ever get a second chance like he has been given. Hope to see him in either Motogp or WSBK next year...

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
In my opinion, these last races didn't cost Hopper the championship. Missing those other races because of the operation did. Those 0 point races bit him in the end.
The last five races were death or glory shoot out between the top five the earlier missed races had no bearing on the result.
He lost because the better man won simples.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Of course they did. That's basic math.
The shootout rules.
Championship restructure

Perhaps the biggest rule change was the dividing of the championship into two parts, similar to the system used in three automobile racing series in the United States -- the United Speed Alliance Four Champions Playoff, the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Chase for the Sprint Cup, and National Hot Rod Association's Countdown to the Championship.
The first nine meetings (nineteen races) form the "Main Season" of the championship, before the final three meetings (seven races) make up "The Showdown". The championship change has been introduced after Leon Camier clinched the 2009 title with four races to spare, thus introducing a crescendo of competition.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Superbike_Championship#cite_note-2010_rule_changes-23
The normal FIM point-scoring system still applies, with 25 for the winner and a single point for fifteenth. At the end of the Main Season, all riders then drop their two worst scores, which must be from events they have at least qualified for. From this points order, the first six riders in the championship standings will be elevated to a new base level and become the Title Fighters for the final three events and seven races of the championship.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Superbike_Championship#cite_note-2010_rule_changes-23
Each Title Fighter will start The Showdown with 500 points, plus additional points for each podium position they have obtained in the Main Season; 3 for a win, 2 for a second, and 1 for a third, termed "Podium Credits"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Superbike_Championship#cite_note-2010_rule_changes-23. Using the first nineteen races of Camier's 2009 campaign, Camier would have had 547 points due to his fifteen wins and a second place out of the first nineteen races of the season.
The standard points scoring format from the Main Season then continues for The Showdown, with all points scores from the final seven races counting.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Superbike_Championship#cite_note-2010_rule_changes-23 All riders outside of the Title Fighters continue to race for the BSB Riders' Cup, continuing to add to their points total from the end of the Main Season. This also applies to the new Evolution class.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Superbike_Championship#cite_note-2010_rule_changes-23

·
Registered
28 Posts
I find it interesting that you guys all seem to be able to put him down here, but nobody has mentioned that he had a mechanical on the first lap in race two of three this weekend and fought back to 12th. That cost him the points that would have given him the championship. But, you're right.........what a twat for putting his career back together and nearly winning BSB in his first year (on new tracks) except for a mechanical in the penultimate race. I bet Denning has been furious with his performance this season, especially that next to last race. That's probably why he is trying get him to MotoGP or WSBK next year. What did you all accomplish this summer?

This is why I only lurk here once in a while. You guys come up some interesting news at times, but the rest of it is some amazing B.S. I've never been a Hopkins fan, but, he was phenominal this year. You can't take that away from him. He's been on sub-par equipment for much of his international career and rode it to it's limit (and falling off a bit as a result). He was on a good bike and rode through some health issues this year on new tracks to have a great season. I really admire the guy now and wish him a good bike next year.

This forum can be so negative with all the sniping and spats. This used to be a good forum years ago, but it's sunk into the abyss that seems to be the way of most forums. Over time, some folks want to argue about every point and issue of grammar and lose all politeness they would normally have face to face. It's beyond me how folks could be so rude and in your face on the internet, yet that same guy would be polite and conversational in person. I'll still lurk here for the interesting news you guys come up, but that's about it. Ride safe.

Mark

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.