Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
Pretty funny!!!

I never understood why people bitch about results when they go to a motorcycle forum and accidently hear about motorcycle racing results!!!
Well some of us don't have the ability to actually watch the races as soon as they are aired. And the *spoiler* tag lets people know that the results might be inside the thread. So if you haven't seen it, it's a heads up to not go inside the thread. Usually I won't have time to watch the race until the end of the week as I am usually away from home for over 12-15 hours a day, and when I get home it's either time with the wife and daughter or time with the bike.

They don't work so well when the winner is announced in the title though. Thanks dick. :D

·
chimp on my shoulder
2,437 Posts
just got home from a funeral that I left the house for at 6 this morning. got home poured a nice snifter of cognac, got comfy fired up both the tube and the computer to enjoy something today and you fvckin spoiled the shit out of it. thanks for making the light at the end of a very dark day a little dimmer, schmuck. guess I need to change my home page now.

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
He's not a nose picker either...

·
I'll fix it.
2,249 Posts
If you visit a motorcycle related website where racing is often discussed before watching the race and see a spoiler, its your own damn fault. Bitching at others who start threads several hours after the race has been televised wont change that. Deal with it, turn the DVR on, leave the computer off.

so who won the Dutch TT?

Ben Mother-Fücking Spies, That's who.

:D

·
Street and Track Moderator
3,888 Posts
Way to go moron! Are you happy that you fvcked up the race for people?

Matthew

·
Registered
365 Posts
Good shit! On both the race and the thread! Newsflash if you don't want to read about current events ie races that already happened stay the eff out of a racing thread. We all have jobs or life events that prevent us from seeing shit in realtime hence TiVo or dvr ect, but if we are smart enough to use that shit we sure enough know how to avoid getting on a website and reading about it.

·
Registered
460 Posts
just got home from a funeral that I left the house for at 6 this morning. got home poured a nice snifter of cognac, got comfy fired up both the tube and the computer to enjoy something today and you fvckin spoiled the shit out of it. thanks for making the light at the end of a very dark day a little dimmer, schmuck. guess I need to change my home page now.
sorry for your loss...
and you know i feel your pain about the spoilage...
i guess the peter principle applies here too, if only slightly askewd.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Brainstorm:

Don't click on the thread.
Don't open ANY moto forum till you have seen the race.

Duh..........
That's hardly fair now is it, having to put everything on hold until you can watch the race.
A simple act of common courtesy would save spoiling what remains of other peoples enjoyment in watching a half hour procession.

·
I'll fix it.
2,249 Posts
That's hardly fair now is it, having to put everything on hold until you can watch the race.
A simple act of common courtesy would save spoiling what remains of other peoples enjoyment in watching a half hour procession.
So the entire world has to hold off discussing the race because you cant figure out that you shouldnt go to a racing website if you dont want to read about the racing. I suppose you sent a nasty email to motogp.com, since they dared post results before you watched the race, too.

He's the deal: If the race has been on TV, its open for discussion as far as Im concerned. Its open for discussion prior to broadcast too, as long as the *spoiler* tag is used. As I said, use your brain and stay off the racing sites. Or better yet, just leave the computer off and watch the damn race already. I dont even go to facebook before races, since ppl and companies there will post results.

I worked all day yesterday (so ****ers like you could enjoy the sunny saturday on 2 wheels), and I spent the day avoiding spoilers, warning anyone that might know the results that I didnt want to know them (which is more ppl than you might think, seeing how I work in the bike industry.) When I got home I didnt even think about sitting in front of the computer, I went straight for the TV and fired up the DVR.

Here's a good analogy: If your wife is pregnant, and you dont want to know the sex of the child prior to its birth, then you shouldnt look at the sonogram. And if you do look at it, you can hardly blame the doctor for 'spoiling' it for you. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
Funny thing is, some of the folks complaining about spoilers are lawyers and doctors who cut people open on a weekly basis. lol Common basic sense is not a possession of everyone.

These are the same guys that ask the stupid questions at the Riders Meetings at track days after it's already been covered.

Dr.s and Lawyers :eek:

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
So the entire world has to hold off discussing the race because you cant figure out that you shouldnt go to a racing website if you dont want to read about the racing. I suppose you sent a nasty email to motogp.com, since they dared post results before you watched the race, too.
I watched the race prior to viewing this thread my comments were in regards some respect for other peoples pleasure IE using Spoiler in the title so member could avoid the thread.

He's the deal: If the race has been on TV, its open for discussion as far as Im concerned. Its open for discussion prior to broadcast too, as long as the *spoiler* tag is used. As I said, use your brain and stay off the racing sites. Or better yet, just leave the computer off and watch the damn race already. I dont even go to facebook before races, since ppl and companies there will post results.
read the above or any of my previous post or get a grown up to read it for you.

I worked all day yesterday (so ****ers like you could enjoy the sunny saturday on 2 wheels), and I spent the day avoiding spoilers, warning anyone that might know the results that I didnt want to know them (which is more ppl than you might think, seeing how I work in the bike industry.) When I got home I didnt even think about sitting in front of the computer, I went straight for the TV and fired up the DVR.
You do shit for me sonny I live in the UK, IMO the only ****ers are the ones working yesterday.;)

Here's a good analogy: If your wife is pregnant, and you dont want to know the sex of the child prior to its birth, then you shouldnt look at the sonogram. And if you do look at it, you can hardly blame the doctor for 'spoiling' it for you. :rolleyes:
completely pointless analogy IMO all I requested was respect for people who didn't watch the race with Spoiler in the title, I'd watched it and knew the results. I did want to post up a thread congratulating Ben on a well deserved win but held off as it may spoil others enjoyment of the race, it's called respect for other members.

·
chimp on my shoulder
2,437 Posts
I can't say I'm pissed about it. and I'm not bitching. it's just a bit like a fart in church. ain't going to do any harm, it's fvckin funny, but it's still bad manners.
discuss all you wan't, just don't put the results in the fricken title. after all some of us watch over the internet. my home page just happens to be the street and track forum.

anyway congrats to Spies, good to see him back in form.

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
Brainstorm:

Don't click on the thread.
Don't open ANY moto forum till you have seen the race.

Duh..........
I didn't click on the thread, it was in the title. I figured that the people on this site would have the decency to not post results in a thread title. So I guess that we should be okay if one of the people that lives where the races are aired live posts up the results as soon as they happen?

So I should never open a moto forum because jerks can't posses enough common sense/decency to not put results in the title for everyone to see?

·
Street and Track Moderator
3,888 Posts
+1

I fail to see the logic of having to avoid every motorcycle site before viewing a race, when adding "spoiler" to the title has worked fine for years... Just another example of people not giving a shit about anyone else...

Matthew
I watched the race prior to viewing this thread my comments were in regards some respect for other peoples pleasure IE using Spoiler in the title so member could avoid the thread.

read the above or any of my previous post or get a grown up to read it for you.

You do shit for me sonny I live in the UK, IMO the only ****ers are the ones working yesterday.;)

completely pointless analogy IMO all I requested was respect for people who didn't watch the race with Spoiler in the title, I'd watched it and knew the results. I did want to post up a thread congratulating Ben on a well deserved win but held off as it may spoil others enjoyment of the race, it's called respect for other members.

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
Good shit! On both the race and the thread! Newsflash if you don't want to read about current events ie races that already happened stay the eff out of a racing thread. We all have jobs or life events that prevent us from seeing shit in realtime hence TiVo or dvr ect, but if we are smart enough to use that shit we sure enough know how to avoid getting on a website and reading about it.
What about our friends that are active duty military? Should they just stay off of forums the entire time they are on deployment?

On my last deployment I had a friend record every motogp race for me so I could watch them when I got back. We didn't have speed channel on the ship. I was smart enough to stay off the motogp website, and to not click the *spoiler* threads. It worked perfectly and I was able to watch the entire season in one sitting. Thankfully no one posted race results in the titles.

Oh, "staying the f out of a racing thread" only works when the results aren't in the title, but you should be smart enough to figure that out right???

1 - 20 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.