Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sooooo.....after watching the Assen MotoGP, I flip the channel to watch the NASCAR race at Sears Point....thought that they must be having a caution cuz the cars were going so slow....turns out that they were going flat out.....just took a major mind reshuffle to understand it.....watched the last fifteen laps and they were wrestling those 3,500 lb. beasts for all they were worth....kind of fun watching these huge cars try to run on a road course....the only way I would watch them.

Still......MotoGP bikes are the world's best high-speed ballet and after watching a MotoGP race, any other form of motorsports looks like it is being shown in slow-motion.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Speed's Relative (roadkill)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by roadkill »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Still......MotoGP bikes are the world's best high-speed ballet and after watching a MotoGP race, any other form of motorsports looks like it is being shown in slow-motion.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You don't get to see much F1 do you

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Speed's Relative (manic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by manic »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You don't get to see much F1 do you
</TD></TR></TABLE>

As a matter of fact, I did....watched the USGP from Indianapolis last weekend. Sorriest excuse for a race that I ever saw. THAT is YOUR idea of racing? Guess you don't watch much MotoGP.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Speed's Relative (roadkill)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by roadkill »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thought that they must be having a caution cuz the cars were going so slow....</TD></TR></TABLE>

I saw CART run a few times at California Speedway back when they were fast (242 mph laps), and then I saw NASCAR run there a year or two later. I arrived in the middle of the race and I actually thought the same thing - are they running under caution? They were running a full 70 or 80 mph slower through turn 4, and it took awhile to get used to it. I do think it's impressive watching them slide those big stock cars on the road courses, though. Those are the only two NASCAR races that I ever try to watch on purpose.

I'm looking forward to going to the MotoGP race since I've never seen them in person. So far, F1 cars are my favorite race machines to go watch live. I doubt I'll be more impressed with the bikes, but I expect to enjoy the race action a lot more!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts