Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the bike back from the shop after getting the speedotuner installed. The entire way home the speedometer read 0 mph. So I figured that it was because I had not calibrated it yet. So I got onto this quite lonely country road by the house to set this thing up as the directions say. But the speedometer still remains at 0mph and nothing happens.

The brand is Speedo Tuner and the website is Correct Motorcycle Speedometer Error with SPEEDO TUNER® - Easy Speedo Recalibration Device.

Does anyone else have this same unit and experience the same problems. Need help ASAP

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
The instructions say to hold it at a certain speed (according to gps) and press the button, and then do the same at that same speed (indicated on your speedo).

How could you have done that if your speedo was reading zero the whole time?

Sounds like something isn't hooked up correctly.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought the same.....but all the wires are in the right place. So it has to be the device.

I am about to just put the stock sprockets back on and be done with it.

I am wondering what speedo healer people are using on their bike?

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
I thought the same.....but all the wires are in the right place. So it has to be the device.

I am about to just put the stock sprockets back on and be done with it.

I am wondering what speedo healer people are using on their bike?
Call up their customer service, maybe you got a bad unit. I would try and get it fixed, as the stock speedo on my bike was off nearly 10%.

I'm running one that was made by a member here a while ago, Jim something. I think everyone else has had good luck with the ones from healtech. There are also some incredibly small ones out now that still have the manual dip-switches so you can adjust them yourself. I've been thinking about getting one of those as they are a great deal smaller than the one I have now.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The unit was sold to me by the local shop here in Syracuse with my new sprockets, so I am going to go back to them tomorrow morning and see if they can fix it....if not I will order the Speedo Healer (www.healtech-electronics.com).

I wonder if anyone here on the site sells them (i.e. Kyle or Tyga)

I will let you guys know tomorrow what happens.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Had the same problem with mine. Called the manufacture and they said the unit was most likely bad. Sent it back and they sent me a new one even though i got mine used on ebay.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Had the same problem with mine. Called the manufacture and they said the unit was most likely bad. Sent it back and they sent me a new one even though i got mine used on ebay.
just came back from the shop and suspect the same thing. they ordered a new one so lets see what happens.

thanks again for the help

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well apparently the Speedo Tuner brand is on back order so I got a refund for my money and just placed an order for the Healtech Speedo Healer from kneedraggers.com.

I will let you know how this one plays out. thanks again everyone.

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
I just got the bike back from the shop after getting the speedotuner installed. The entire way home the speedometer read 0 mph. So I figured that it was because I had not calibrated it yet. Need help ASAP
Hey supersuby39,
Just seeing this thread for the first time and I HAVE to Ask YOU:....

#1) How many miles is it to your house?
#2) Why in the World would you not have just turned around, gone back to the shop when you saw it wasn't working?:confused:
#3) Why would you "figure it wasn't calibrated yet" Was this install a favor to you by a buddy who works in the shop or Did you actually pay them for this job?

I assume you paid good Money for this thing AND for Labor to have it installed!??:confused:

FWIW IF it were Me: I would have turned around before I got 1/2 mile down the street, IF she was showing a ZERO mph reading the whole time... I mean WTH...
Plus: I would have asked them (dealership\Shop) who You bought the unit from and PAID to have it installed IF this is How they do their job on every MC they work on!....? And yet again> :confused:

I am NOT meaning to be a PIA here with all the questions, I just don't understand "Why" you wouldn't have just turned around and gone back to the shop is all..;)

Anyway, good luck, ride safe.

Peace Jeff

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey supersuby39,
Just seeing this thread for the first time and I HAVE to Ask YOU:....

#1) How many miles is it to your house? Its a 20 min ride
#2) Why in the World would you not have just turned around, gone back to the shop when you saw it wasn't working?:confused: I thought I was doing something wrong....They are a very good shop so I waited until I got home to recheck the directions and try it again.
#3) Why would you "figure it wasn't calibrated yet" Was this install a favor to you by a buddy who works in the shop or Did you actually pay them for this job? I paid for them to install the unit on the bike, but they told me that they could not calibrate it for me due to insurance not letting them ride the bikes out of their parking lots and on the streets. However they refunded the entire amount and showed me where I can install the new one myself.

I assume you paid good Money for this thing AND for Labor to have it installed!??:confused: I paid $100 for the unit and $40 for the install

FWIW IF it were Me: I would have turned around before I got 1/2 mile down the street, IF she was showing a ZERO mph reading the whole time... I mean WTH...
Plus: I would have asked them (dealership\Shop) who You bought the unit from and PAID to have it installed IF this is How they do their job on every MC they work on!....? And yet again> :confused: I agree with your statement and I thought about doing so but the situation just didnt allow me to that. My wife took me over there and she had to return to school so I was rushed to begin with.

I am NOT meaning to be a PIA here with all the questions, I just don't understand "Why" you wouldn't have just turned around and gone back to the shop is all..;)

Anyway, good luck, ride safe.

Peace Jeff
Hey Jeff....You have some good questions so the responses are above in red.

I do not mind doing the mechanical work to my bike, but when it comes to electronics, I rather let someone else (professional) do that instead of me. I trust them at the shop and they are really good Honda dealership.

At this point I am just waiting for the new Healtech Speedo Healer to come in the mail so I can plug this one in and get ready to go.

·
Registered
204 Posts
due to insurance not letting them ride the bikes out of their parking lots and on the streets.

Don't motorcycle shops ride bikes after they work on them to make sure whatever it is they just fixed, changed, or installed works properly? I'm not ripping on this particular shop, it's a general question. I'd check mileage on my '09 650R before and after I took it to the dealer for scheduled maintenance and I always had a couple miles extra on the clock when I picked it up.

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
[/COLOR]

Don't motorcycle shops ride bikes after they work on them to make sure whatever it is they just fixed, changed, or installed works properly? I'm not ripping on this particular shop, it's a general question. I'd check mileage on my '09 650R before and after I took it to the dealer for scheduled maintenance and I always had a couple miles extra on the clock when I picked it up.
It depends on the dealership and what kind of insurance they are willing to pay for. I really think that they should all be able to take bikes out on the street for testing, but it only takes one mishap to get their rates jacked.

Funny story, but when I was 15 or 16, I worked at a five star restaurant/hotel. They had a guy valet parking a Ferrari and he damn near totaled the thing trying to back it into a parking spot. They didn't valet park exotics after that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a speedo tuner on my 08 cbr1000 and mine was doing the same thing.
one day as I was riding my speedo suddenly went straight to zero and went into limp mode. when I got it back to the shop i pulled the tuner and the red light wasn't on so I disconnected the speedo tuner and reconnected the connection to the speed sensor and the speedometer worked fine. I disassembled the tuner to find a small white connector disconnected so i reconnected it. i tested the board and it tested good through all the contacts. when I reconnected it the speedo tuner was working again.
so if you have any more problems with yours then I would check that small connector inside the tuner box to make sure its connected.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry to jump onto an old post, but I have a speedotuner on my 07 CBR1000RR and on my way to work the speedotuner stopped working. My speedo is working and reading insanely high speeds, as still have power to the unit. Should I just try to reset it?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts