Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever use the speedo tuner?

Looking to pick one up with a new set of tires and sprockets for a great deal.

Thanks in advance.

·
1,061 Posts
I have a speedo healer by healtech. Works great.

If your riding street this is a pretty good device to have.

·
Behind In His Steering...
437 Posts
Yeah, SpeedoHealer works great. Have it on my VFR and my RC. I'm running 16/43 sprockets on the RC and when I set the Healer to 11.5% (I think it's actually "negative 11.5" :confused: ) I'm perfectly calibrated (against my Corvette) at 70 mph. All other speeds are within 1mph, according to the various radar speed signs I've been through over the years. It's really nice to have an accurate speedo, and the Healer fixes the factory error (6-7%) as well as sprocket change error.

However, the odometer now reads about 10-11 percent low, meaning that when it shows 100 miles, I've actually gone about 110. Obviously, this is an easy mental calculation to make going down the road, so it's a non-issue.

HINT: You might want to do your final calibration when the rear tire is about one-half worn away. This lessens the inaccuracy effect of the tire diameter changing from brand new to showing cord.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I tried a speedo tuner on the recommendation of a parts counter guy. First one didn't effect the reading at all and, and they gave me a hassle about ordering another without paying for it again. Finally got them to do it. Second one disabled the speedometer completely. They tried to blame it on me saying I screwed up the installation. It is not possible to install improperly. in plugs in in line between the sender and harness. I'd advise you to stay away. I ended up with an even less expensive unit that works brilliantly and is about the size of a quarter. I'll try to find the website. can't remember the name of the thing.
Stay tuned.

Edit:
I found it. very small, very easy to set up, has a huge range of adjustment and in .1% increments and can convert to kilometers if you need.
12oClockLabs

1 - 4 of 4 Posts