Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Anger managment patient
3,474 Posts
If you go to the speedo healer site they have a utility to generate the percentage and if you have a speedo healer they give you the steps to set it. I know you don't but others may need the help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Funny you ask

I actually just finished putting mine on tonight w/ my 2000 51 w/ 15- 40 sprockets. I also have the 180 section tire which is a little bigger than stock (25.8" I think dunlop 208zr). I measured 65 mph indicated in 3 rd gear at 5000 rpm, which comes out to be 11% too much. Just follow the instructions step for step and use the table, and you will be good to go. It worked great.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The factory sets the odometers to be dead accurate but they set the speedos to read high. I don't know why but that's the way it is. If you use the speedohealers online calculator you can optimize it for the speedo or the odometer, or you can choose the best compromise between the two but you can't set them separately from one another.

·
Registered
54 Posts
where did you buy your speedo corrector from how much?

·
Registered
54 Posts
yeah i need one for sure jsut trying to find it on the site to order andybody wlse know wher ei can get one

·
Registered
5 Posts
Speedo Healer

Just got my Jim Ahlman healer and was wondering if anyone who has installed one can comment on whether it's easier to instal if you take the side panel off. Instructions only talk about it being under seat on right side but looking at my bike I think it may be easier with the right side panel off.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Bringing this one back from the dead.

Does anyone have a link to the instructions as the link given is inactive?

Thanks,
Patrick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts