Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
unificator
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so whats the real deal on contacting someone for a speedcell battery? not sure if its jason/josh, or speed-cell/speedcell? dont care who did what just need to know who can actually get me the product i want. i emailed one of them months ago without response so not sure if i had good information.

what about peer pressure racing selling speedcell batteries? they have good prices but on forums they sound pretty sketchy.

in a different direction has anyone used maviryk? originally used old dewalts but now claims only new a123s.

im sold on the product so dont really need that kind of info. looking more into info about builder/sales rep/cost.

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
I am actually a dealer for them now and can supply you with one. They are not yet in stock on my website:
SpeedCell Lightweight Batteries TYGA USA

But will be soon and in the mean time you can just PM me if you want one...free shipping right now, and I just hooked up a couple of other members here with one!

There is some other company out there selling for less with a SpeedCell name on them but they are fakes....beware!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have never used a Speedcell or a Mavryk. But I have seen a Mavryk in person and talked to the guy making them. I will end up getting a Mavryk designed one when my stocker finally gives out (it's close).

Mavryk sponsered the SV Rally this past year and has been coming for the past few years as well. Very nice product, I fondled the ones with the A123 cells. So far it is reported they work great. Start up the 1000 SV's no problem with the larger pack.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
I bought a Mavyrik 12-cell made from A123 cells about one month ago and so far all is great. The chap who makes them was very helpful and his prices are hard to beat....

·
unificator
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you have pm rothmans

·
Munky
532 Posts
I just purchased a speedcell from Glen (Rothmans) for my first race at VIR. Although I was very slow, the battery started my RC with no problem.

Good stuff.

·
Registered
100 Posts
right now i am using a borrowed battery from a friends gsxr that is having the motor built...

I am waiting on a response from that ebay seller. They build custom packs and I think id like 8ga coming off the pack see what they can do...

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
I have a few of these ready to ship TODAY! If you guys who PM'd me still want one, let me know, I will be gone next week after Monday, so let me know and I can get one out to you right now, free shipping!! :rockon

·
Purveyor of immaturity
615 Posts
i talked to jason a month or so ago, they changed the name of the company, no longer speedcell, its now full spectrum power Full Spectrum Power but its still run by the same guys, won product of the year at sema this year

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
No, these are the original SpeedCells, not whatever got knocked off and renamed something else.... long story short, I am selling the original ones that have been run by a number of people here for years from Josh....

i talked to jason a month or so ago, they changed the name of the company, no longer speedcell, its now full spectrum power Full Spectrum Power but its still run by the same guys, won product of the year at sema this year

·
Registered
825 Posts
you can pay way more but why...
But why for me is that by purchasing an original Speedcell from Glenn I'm also supporting Josh Kauffman (aka Cutaway here on SZ) who developed this awesome product (as opposed to knocking it off) and who has been an active member of the RC51 community for years. Plus Josh's service is outstanding. That's why for me anyway.

The best thing about the ebay link you posted is this:

Contact us by email at:[email protected]

Very confidence inspiring! :clapper

·
Registered
100 Posts
i guess you guys can make your reasons some may be valid but i cant justify 3x the cost(sorry josh your rc is dope though)... well at least not knowing how well the last one worked for me....

do as you wish but i want the public to know they have other options for essentially the same product...

8 cell a123 battery pack wired up for 12v
more than enough juice to fire up our twin
same weight savings:rockon

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
Dewalt battery pack - $58
Cable, terminal ends and heat shrink - $10

Track or street, never a problem and I run the fan all the time.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts