Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the other week I was on a mountain ride by myself. halfway back I looked down to notice my speedo was stuck displaying 0mph. well thats odd, it worked on the way up there. then about three quarters of the way home I look down and now my FI light is on. dangit! I get to where I am going. stop, hang out, then leave, FI light is off but speedo still not reading.

I jumped the diagnostic plug and came up with 10/11, so baro sensor and speed sensor. I took apart the front end, double checked everything, unplugged, replugged, etc. and got the baro sensor code to go away. but the speedo just still wont work. I have double checked the wiring to it, and nothing is pinched, squeezed, grounding, ripped, dirty, etc. I can not find anything. is it possible for the speed sensor to just go bad? would there be a visible inspection I could do if I pulled it out? any other ideas on what to check? I have double checked ecu pins, and fuses, at least 5 times.

please help if you have any ideas.:confused:

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Do you know of anyone else with the same model bike who wouldn't mine you barrowing their speedo to trouble shoot? Just to eliminate the speedo as the cause.

I'm thinking its the electrical/mechanical connection before the speedo that relays the info to the lcd. Just a guess.
Hopefuly the guru's will pop in and offer some advice.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
duh, didnt even think of that. I only have one buddy with one, pretty sure hes on an 03 also. ill swap sensors and see what the deal is there.

·
Registered
73 Posts
When I ride above 90 for a distance my FI light comes on and it is the speed sensor code. I had the speed sensor go out on my F4i. It was a bitch to change. the RC looks much much easier. Good luck. They shouldn't be too expensive if it is the sensor, the F4i was $74.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had exactly the same symptoms and result whilst riding last weekend. The bike is going back to the dealer tomorrow as it's still under warranty, I'll post their findings once they've fixed it.

Grouty

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
not sure why or how, but it was the speed sensor. swapped it out with another known working one and was displaying speed. guess I need to pick up a new one now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts