Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
saw them online for 28 USD, contacted the guy and said as long as my bike was fuel injected I could use it with the pc usb111, I need info! It claims to make a 7-13hp increase but is the pc supposedly doing the same thing. Thanks in advance, if this has come up a lot in the past, well I guess I had a really sheltered life, sorry!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Speed chips(already looked in archives) p.o.s. or not 7-13hp (pitbull)

I think the GSX-R1000 already has this chip installed. Should get that.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have also done a search and found nothing. If the claims are true it is a great mod for the $$$. The chip that is used in the GSXR 1000 will not work in the far superior enginering of the RC51. Any good input is apreciated.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Theory Is When You Lighten Your Wallet You
Gain Hp.
Chip+$$$$+Labor=Mo Money
Spend Which=Lighter Weigh=Mo HP
Do The Math!!!!!
They Can Be Wire In Series and Increase HP
.00000001% for each Chip Installed,
Max Hp Gained at 16,500 RPMs.
And To Increase HP change Your Oil to Soy Sauce After All You Are Frying Rice.
Let Us Know How You Make Out!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All that bs power chip is,is a 50 cent resistor you wire into the speedo sensor.It just doesn't retard timing in the lower gears in the gxxers.I rode an 05" before and after and it made a difference but thats on a gxxer.But i don't know what it would do for and rc.My friends shop does them all the time.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is a resistor that connects to the IAT(intake air temperature) and makes the ECU think that the incoming air is colder(higher density) and therefore inject more gas into the engine. This could work ok if your are trying to add a fixed amount of gas to the engine through out the entire RPM range.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (kramerdm)

Smart enough to ask question abouts things I don't know alot about, besides this is a discussion board you ignorant bitches. I know, I know, I know you're smart , I'm dumb, your good looking I'am not so good looking, you're popular, I'am not so popular. For all of you who have shared helpful advice, Thank you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (pitbull)

Things that sound too good to be true usually are.

In this case,...absolutely.

Just to make a point here. A power Commander does not give "more" power. it only makes what is available more friendly and usable. Stock verses stock max output is only slightly effected with mapping unless you are at very high altitudes or in extreme temperatures.

Properly mapped and with the flapper and pair mods done the RC with stock exhaust is a great bike and a blast to ride.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (sp2pilot)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by andres »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It is a resistor that connects to the IAT(intake air temperature) and makes the ECU think that the incoming air is colder(higher density) and therefore inject more gas into the engine. This could work ok if your are trying to add a fixed amount of gas to the engine through out the entire RPM range. </TD></TR></TABLE>

If this is true to what it does, the only time I know this has benefited a vehicle was when manipulating sensors on supercharged OBD1 Miata's and Honda's, but again those are blown I4 vehicles, back in the mid 90's. So knowing that, if this is all it does, it is 10 year old technology and junk. Get a PC3 or a Cobra box.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts