Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone try lightening the stock one themselves? i see some places offer machining services to lighten it, but how hard could it be to stick it on a drill press?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: speaking of clutch baskets.... (Vcook)

The steel one that comes in a 996SPS is drilled from the factory. It still seems pretty heavy though. A 999 aluminum one is nice and I think Section8 has them for around $200. Better check with Jason on the price.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: speaking of clutch baskets.... (Phil 998)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Phil 998 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The steel one that comes in a 996SPS is drilled from the factory. It still seems pretty heavy though. A 999 aluminum one is nice and I think Section8 has them for around $200. Better check with Jason on the price.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah, AL would be ideal but then I need new AL plates too. what can I say, I'm cheap!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Is that all a new 999 basket is going for?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: speaking of clutch baskets.... (Nick D.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nick D. »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Is that all a new 999 basket is going for?</TD></TR></TABLE>

http://speedzilla.zeroforum.co...42262

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Vcook »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">.... but how hard could it be to stick it on a drill press?</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's my kinda' thinkin'.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: speaking of clutch baskets.... (Mental998)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mental998 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

That's my kinda' thinkin'.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

well you'r the resident tinker-er, let me know how that goes for you!! haha, just kidding. I'm trying to track down some used steels to make my own ghetto hub tool and then I might see about destroying my basket on my drill press.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

i've got a stock steel basket kicking around from my 900ss (just put in a yoyodyne lightweight kit). IM me your info and i'll send it your way to play with. has about 12k miles on it but free's the best price around

if you IM me today, i'll try to ship tomorrow. otherwise, you get to wait until i'm home from taiwan on the 22nd (business).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts