Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonna do a plug change, anything new out there that you have actually USED on a '51?
Thanks Bitches, now get me a sammich! :woot:

Semper Fi! :rockon

-Rocky-

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Gonna do a plug change, anything new out there that you have actually USED on a '51?
Thanks Bitches, now get me a sammich! :woot:

Semper Fi! :rockon

-Rocky-

Hey Rocky-Mang.,

YEP! :woot: There Sure is, and My RC51>>>-----> Definitely Loves the nice change in Spark Plugs too! IMO:rockon

Peace Jeff

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Better Spark

I have about 300 miles on after doing the '07 cbr 600 coil mod and am such a believer in NGK plugs I modded some.

That said the coils made a big difference in cold start conditions before this mod I would expect a stall or babysit the throttle for a minute or two...now the bike fires right-up and I can walk away.:clapper

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Did you need the RR coil wires as well? Or did you just extended the RC wires? Next on the mod list for me.:rockon

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Yep, here's the deal ... the new coil IS the sparkplug boot... on top it accepts the connectors from the rr harness, you splice your oem coil connectors to the other end of two of the four rr harness connectors and share the cost of the harness with another "ZILLA" member, I personally chose "SBK DREW" in the end it was like $38.00 or so:D

cbr 400 "Scott may have these kitted and ready to go otherwise I can dig the honda P/N's up;)

The thing is that the new coils use a plug with the tip un screwed the ifr9h11 or # 6588 ngk does not have a removeable tip and needs to be turned to .150 O.D. and 60 degree v's cut .025 deep every .025 of shaft length to imitate threads "a real thread" is a one pass operation and the tool pressure would destroy the plug.

nippondenso has a plug and play plug (pun intended):D

Oh and removing the front coil requires pinstripe tape wrapped around a 1/4 drive 10 mm so when the mile long screw spins more freeley than the snap-on th737 ratchet you slowly pull the tape until the little prick bolt drops...or you could be a lasy bitch and leave the coil mounted.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts