Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Shane RC51
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where to get them? I need an extra brake lever, just in case. Does it matter what MC I have? How would I know? Thanks...

·
Registered
839 Posts
Anyone know where to get them? I need an extra brake lever, just in case. Does it matter what MC I have? How would I know? Thanks...
Pretty sure most places that sell the master cylinders also sell the levers, and yes, you will want to match up the replacement lever size with your current MC. (19x18 and 19x20 have different levers.)

·
Shane RC51
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do they run about $50? Any cheaper alternatives? The MC was on the bike when I got it, so I don't know which size I have...

·
Registered
839 Posts
The MC size is stamped on the master on the lever pivot (as well as the lever). That is about the price unless you find used somewhere or want the slightly more expensive folding lever.

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
Do they run about $50? Any cheaper alternatives? The MC was on the bike when I got it, so I don't know which size I have...

I've got a brand new one you can have for 25 bucks. Would need to double check and see if its the shorty or long/standard length. If you want it you can pm me your zip and i get you a total.:)

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Brembo levers tend to be MC specific. Check on the body for markings.
For whatever reason there seem to be extremes in pricing: I've seen exactly the same genuine Brembo lever go for 50€ in one place and 30€ in the next. :confused:
Also I suggest you get some spare dowel pins from the Internet: Brembo will supply a single one with each lever. Not ideal when you are fumbling to replace your lever in a paddock. ;)

·
Shane RC51
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Varium, thanks. Sent you a PM. I'll take it whether it's shorty or not. And if it matters, my MC is 19x18.

Thanks for all the info, guys. You always come through...
:rockon

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Brembo levers tend to be MC specific. Check on the body for markings.
For whatever reason there seem to be extremes in pricing: I've seen exactly the same genuine Brembo lever go for 50€ in one place and 30€ in the next. :confused:
Also I suggest you get some spare dowel pins from the Internet: Brembo will supply a single one with each lever. Not ideal when you are fumbling to replace your lever in a paddock. ;)

safety wire works way better than those shitty little roll pins... or do you mean the large pin that holds the lever to the master?

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Yes, that's the small hateful pin holding the register. ;)
I must have got lost in translation (we call both roll/spring pins and dowel pins the same around here).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts