Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Geez. Some people...
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rob, I just noticed your banner. What's the story? Do you know her? Have they found her bike or anything?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Baasinator said:
I wondered about that, too. I saw this, but it doesn't really contain anymore information: http://www.santarosabmw.com/
I assume they haven't found her bike either.
That's all I could find also. Seems that a missing person should be worth more news. I hope she's ok.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Evidently, Melinda Moore has been found somewhere off of Hwy 1 in Marin county by the CHP air unit. She didn't make it....RIP.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Details are scarce as yet but it does appear that it was a riding accident. If you aren't familiar with Hwy 1 north of the Golden Gate bridge, the road is tight, sometimes fast and occasionally dirty. The cliffs right alongside the road in places are severe drops to the ocean with zero runoff room. It's no wonder it took so long to find her.

·
Geez. Some people...
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm so sorry to hear this news. Godspeed, Melinda... :(

I imagine we'll hear details eventually, but someone on another board said something about how they found her helmet and gloves on the side of the road, but Melinda and her bike were at the bottom of a cliff.

This is complete hearsay as far as I know, but IF it turns out to be true, it sounds kind of suspicious. Almost as if she had stopped on the road side and maybe was hit by someone?

I would hate to think this was a hit-and-run. I just hope they determine with certainty what caused her death...

·
Registered
209 Posts
They make it sound like it was suicide. Her helmet and gloves on a rock at roadside and the bike and her body at the bottom of a ravine 800 feet down and out of sight of the road.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Sure seems that way from all the details.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I'm still trying to figure out which is sadder, a really nice person becoming so full of sadness and despair that she takes her own life or a really nice person who dies by accidentally riding (or being pushed) off a cliff.

Its a terribly sad story no matter the reason why she lost her life.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
What about this guy who stopped and took her helmet and gloves the day she went missing? At least he eventually contacted authorities (nine days later) because if he hadn't there's no telling when they would have found her.

RIP.

·
Geez. Some people...
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I get the feeling there's a lot more to this story than they know so far, and I hope they investigate it to the fullest extent.

One of my worst fears in motorcycling is that something happens to me, and the truth is never discovered. I would hate to be run off the road by someone who leaves the scene, only to have the authorities put it down to "the motorcyclist lost control and crashed".

How common is it for someone to commit suicide without leaving a note? And why would someone go through the trouble of removing their helmet before riding off an 800 foot cliff?

·
Registered
550 Posts
From the sounds of it, she left the helmet and gloves as a "marker" but someone picked them up without even thinking twice. It is definitely a shame. I know everyone was hoping for a "happy ending".

1 - 20 of 28 Posts