Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm picking up a 2002 RC tonight. The owner only has 1 key and I like to get an extra set of keys made before I lose the one and only.

Do these bikes have chips in the keys that need to be programed or can I just get a blank made for RC51s and get it cut to my bike at a locksmith?

Thanks in advance.

·
tough as sardines
196 Posts
I've always had better luck with a reputable locksmith. Find one in your area and have them make a copy. There's no chip or any other security in the key, just need to have somebody who knows what they're doing make the copy (i.e. not Lowes or the parts boy at the dealer).

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
I've always had better luck with a reputable locksmith. Find one in your area and have them make a copy. There's no chip or any other security in the key, just need to have somebody who knows what they're doing make the copy (i.e. not Lowes or the parts boy at the dealer).
No joke. My house key doesn't even work right and it is a Kwikset lock. I have to wiggle it around so my lock turns.
:banghead:banghead

·
Registered
522 Posts
No joke. My house key doesn't even work right and it is a Kwikset lock. I have to wiggle it around so my lock turns.
:banghead:banghead
Kwikset is a joke among key hackers and smiths. Just a FYI, they can all be bumped. If your not sure what I am talking about, google it. I protect my house with sets from schlage. Just a side note, all keys can be hacked. You can even do it with a cellphone, printer, and a credit card now. I dont want to alarm anyone, but your not as protected as you think.

Also, for your key to work better do this (seriously). Take it, and scrape both sides of it against the concrete or brick several times. I would also spray your tumblers with white lithium (very lightly). You shouldnt have to "jiggle" a key to get in your house.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts