Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that a CBR600rr hugger fits SP2s, but I can't seem to find it mentioned what year?
Anyone?
I have searched this, but no luck.

·
1,061 Posts
I wanna say 03-04 cbr600rr. You have to tap a small hole on your swinger, but no biggie.

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
Yep, the '04 will work, it's like $13 You could also buy a $100 carbon one from tygausa that will work without drilling the swingarm.

How's your bike coming along? Any update on that issue with the bitch's insurance?

·
Slightly Unstable
496 Posts
i picked up the cbr one from ronayers and at some point will look to get her installed, although im not crazy about the idea of drilling into my swingarm regardless of how negligible the hole is. but i cant justify spending $100 on a hugger.

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
i picked up the cbr one from ronayers and at some point will look to get her installed, although im not crazy about the idea of drilling into my swingarm regardless of how negligible the hole is. but i cant justify spending $100 on a hugger.

just use velcro or scotchbolc on the back then it works fine

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
It's a sickness ;)

Ummm the hugger has to stay put @ 165 on our track so for street you're good I would hate to be the guy whos glue / tape / paste failed and dropped a foregn object in someones path:eek:

Soo again it is a sickness. And the holes are inserts and stronger than the surrounding area.

On the fourth picture (it was a unknown brand hugger i got) At the time and I had to use my cbr part for a shim to clear my 180 55

Attachments

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Site Builder+ RC51 rear 600rr hugger conversion

never had a issue with any of the ones i have made in the last 5 years;)

i prefer the 4mm tap but others have used velcro and had no issues either

i could do a small group buy on say 3 of them @ $75 shipped too
4 MM tap works just fine ;)

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
4 MM tap works just fine ;)

i have since used a larger hugger for the shock coverage it provides the 600rr does not but the cost difference is not so bad for me and i understand the need for a inexpensive alternative and if i were going to go cheap i would just buy the plastic 600rr hugger and save the money over a carbon verion f the same thing as the weight savings is mininmal as well as the coverage it offers

Site Builder weave

·
1,061 Posts
Do you have to remove the wheel, to drill the 4 mm hole ?
Makes it so much easier unless you have one of those um..special drills, I can't think of the nsme of them right now. The kind for drilling in tight spaces.

I actually had my swing arm off the bike when I tapped mine, so obviously no issues for me.

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
Makes it so much easier unless you have one of those um..special drills, I can't think of the nsme of them right now. The kind for drilling in tight spaces.

I actually had my swing arm off the bike when I tapped mine, so obviously no issues for me.
Right Angle Drill. No wheel removal required. But it will still make it easier.

·
Slightly Unstable
496 Posts
Soo again it is a sickness. And the holes are inserts and stronger than the surrounding area.
what kind of insert is that, and do you need a special tool to install it? and where to buy it?

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
These are threaded rivits I got lucky and have them in our machine shop the kit is spendy.

Keenserts are nice and speedserts are another option the cost of the kits is high so check around with shops that do metalfab. and stuff or look in mc master carr to see if you can get just a few.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts