Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Either I'm stupid and not looking in the right part of the service manual, or it's not there.

Can someone tell me the proper torque value for the engine hanger pinch bolts?

Thanks!!!!

Oops - sorry about the misspelled title - it won't let me edit..

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
My manual says 2.9 foot pounds, its located under general info 1-13.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My manual says 2.9 foot pounds, its located under general info 1-13.
Hope this helps.
Thanks for trying to help me. Looking at that page the only 2.9 ft·lb value I see is for an '00-'01 front engine hanger adjusting bolt, which from what I can tell is something completely different.

I wonder if I should just use the 9 ft·lb value for a 6mm bolt with a 10mm head from the Standard Torque Values on page 1-11?

Attachments

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Hey 9,

Go to Chapter 7 and Engine install starts at 7:13.... FYI and FWIW... There IS a CORRECT Procedure in how to install said engine... It is NOT by just lining up the engine holes and throwing bolts at it!;)

OK Take Your Time please... I HAVE to Run right now but I'll try to hook you up, anyway I can when I get back.;)

Peace Jeff

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Heres an even more difficult question about the same bolt hole:

When you install LH Thorstens slider, how much torque you need to get that XXL replacement bolt screwed all the way in? :confused:

Stunna

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Jeff - Actually for my SP2, engine installation starts on 7-16 and I've been very careful to follow the sequence...that's why I'm stalled out on the bottom of 7-18. I figured it would be good to ask you guys here that have R&R'd these motors before!

Subsailor - Those bolts measured out at 7mm on the shank which kinda confused me so I figured since they had 10mm heads they were the smaller ones. I didn't think to look them up in the fiche. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Neither SP-1 or 2 manuals have a torque value for the pinch bolts. Go with the generic torque value but it even seems high for that bolt. I would go with 10-12 ft lbs and check after a few miles. Or you could tighten like my old man used to say. Quarter of a turn before it snaps :woot:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts