Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having an early SP1 for a couple of years then after different bikes back on an SP2 I didn’t expect to find too many differences, but I must say I found that the bike runs a fair bit different. I would say that turn in and rear suspension works a lot better on the later bike, had a 180 on the rear of the SP1, will stick with the 190 on the SP2 as I’m already on the edge of it prating around on the roads, can’t tell too much difference from the front suspension, but haven’t messed with it yet. The fuelling is far better except it’s still got that initial jerkiness that the earlier bike had, but I haven’t taken all that slack out of the cable that Honda put in yet, so that might improve things.
The biggest difference, to what I can remember, is that the SP2 certainly seems to have less engine braking than the SP1, I find myself jumping on the brakes every time I come up fast behind a car, where as on the SP1 I seem to remember the engine doing all the work, I was wondering whether the bigger valves that Honda put in the SP2 had contributed to this or whether its because I’ve just got off a Duke?
On the negative side, although the swing arm looks the bollox its getting a hammering from stones and is already starting to look a mess, which has peed me off, don’t remember this happening to the SP1, if you buy one new stick a hugger on straight away, although shouldn’t they come with one? The other thing no light switch, not a problem really but I’d like the option not some politician telling me I have to run with my lights on. Over all very pleased, the best bike in the world just got a little better, especially as I’ve just stuck my Arata’s on!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: SP1 vs SP2 (Walenut)

the valves are the same size,other than exhaust port shape, the engines are the same.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: SP1 vs SP2 (dalewrc30)

I didn’t know that, I thought their were more internal differences than that. It certainly feels different to what I remember, but as I said it’s been a while.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.