Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2003 sp2 was knocked over in the garage by my idiot roomate. The tank and upper cowl got messed up. I have found a smoking deal on a Sp1 tank and upper cowl fairing. Are there any differences?? Graphics and stickers the same? mounting points the same?

· Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
Th tanks are physically the same. They will mount up just fine, but the graphics on the 2003 model won't line up with the graphics on the 2000-2002 tanks. The wings will be off. If the deal on the tank is good enough, you could replace the decals on the tank and have it re-cleared and still come out ahead.

· Registered
163 Posts

· Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
For some reason I thought that you could buy them seperately, but looking at the online parts sites, I can't find it. Sorry if I misled you, I would think that you should be able to buy those, but I guess not. You should be able to tell from the pictures below how far off the wings will be. There was a picture somewhere that somebody had done exactly this, but I can't seem to find it.

The upper cowl is the same, but there is a number plate on the 2000-2002 models. Everything else should line up, but the stickers might be a little off on either side. They look close to me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.