Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought i would see what you guys think. so while my sp2 is STILL waiting on a damn oil cooler im trying to sell my sp1. I finally got her put all back together today and took her up and down the road. At speed she runs fine but under 3k it is rough as hell! Now the sp1 has sat in my garage sense last october and it sat for about 7 month at the house from where i bought it from. I put new fuel and oil in her. Im thinking i should replace the plugs or AT LEAST clean them? what do you guys think?

P.s. 3700 and shes yours!

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Is there a Power Commander installed?

Just for the hell of it-TEST: Disconnect PC and hook up OEM EFI\ECU and see what happens... Yes/No?

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bike is all stock.... NO pc

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats what i was thinking... just wanted to double check with all the rc guys in here first. Ill let you know how it goes....

·
Nice Member
1,669 Posts
check/change the plugs. It is a old trick to change your plugs often on the 51. i do mine every oil change in fact as it help the fueling and gas mileage
you change your plugs at every oil change....really? I change my oil 10x's plus a year depending on the number of trackdays...every oil change? Your a nut. A nut that doesnt ride very often.

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Mine gets two rear plugs for every front plug :twocents

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why two rear for every front?

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Waiting for that one !

change the tank throw a plug in there

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
do you really have to remove the tank to get to the rear plug?

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
do you really have to remove the tank to get to the rear plug?
Hey mabryusmc:
You don't have to completely remove the fuel cell,.. However,
You DO have to jack\lift the front, pivots in the rear of the fuel cell, Rear mounting bolt is the pivot point.;)
Just make sure while you are lifting the front of the fuel cell, you don't pinch or cut the wires under the rear of said fuel cell.

You have to atleast do this, to change the rear spark plug, which is why, in MY reply #12, I said: I bet "Wingnut" He was meaning to say, he changes 2 fronts, to every 1 of the rear, as the front is easy to get to and change.;)

I Hope this Helps,

Peace Jeff

1 - 18 of 18 Posts