Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the stem diameters are different, but if the bearings were swapped out as well, could you put an SP1 triple on an SP2, and vice- versa?

I have an SP1 and bought a Harris Performance steering damper for an SP2 without knowing the difference. Seeing how these are out of production, I want to make it work on my bike, and there are several subtle differences between the SP1 and SP2 trees so that it won't work on my SP1. Since they're out of production, I can't get replacement brackets from Harris (already tried the US and UK distributors). So, I need to swap my trees for those from an SP2.

Thanks.

·
Registered
129 Posts
The upper bearing on the sp1 is a smaller diameter. The issue will be the race. I've got a sp1 triple on a sp2. I had to machine a spacer to fit the upper race into the frame it works fine but I'll swap the triple as soon as I get chance. It's just a guess but I don't think it would work the other way the frame would have to be machined to fit the bigger race. If you really needed to someone with a boring head and milling machine could make it fit but you would probally need to strip the frame

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hm, so the outer bearing races are different diameters?

What about just using an SP2 top triple on the SP1 spindle? I assume I'd have to turn a spacer to go between the SP1 spindle and SP2 triple, so other than that, would it work?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.