Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
South Texan
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i just spent the morning getting my parents bought out of the dock and preparing their beach house for Rita. moving furniture upstairs and boarding up which windows i could (i'm not tall enough to reach the second floor ones). and after my little break i get to go help board up out office condo, the other 6 rent houses my parents own, and oh yeah MY house. plus so the other crap like get water and that sort of thing. and i know that as soon as i get done doing this and start heading out of town Rita is going to go south or north of use and i will have done it all for nothing.

but on the bright side i dont have to go to work or school. :rolleyes:

well best of luck to everyone else in the gulf coast. i know there are some guys here from Houston and the bay area.

·
Silver and Black Attack!
540 Posts
Hoovenater said:
Good luck Kevin, I hope all your hard work is for nothing. :)
What he said :clapper

·
Registered
101 Posts
yeah, so much for my dove hunt this weekend in south texas. hahah

:eek:

·
South Texan
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yup it starts friday, i am sure there will still be some ******** out there trying to shot something. where were you going to go?

·
Registered
101 Posts
KevinTX said:
yup it starts friday, i am sure there will still be some ******** out there trying to shot something. where were you going to go?

Boerne area (sp?)

my brother has a new lease somewhere out there, and we have a condo in Kerrville.

LOTS of awesome riding out there.....but not this weekend. hahah

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Kevin- Good luck bro. Looks like the eye is gonna make landfall somewhere between you an me (Houston).

On the heels of Katrina, no one in the Houston area is taking it lightly. All hotels/motels on San Antonio, Austin, and DFW have been booked since Monday. Fortunately I have several options to stay w/ family in other parts of Texas. We're talking about heading out tonight (possibly early tomorrow morning). Not everyone is that lucky. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone that might be affected. Good luck to everyone and hopefully we all prepared for the worst and come out w/ the best.

Hopefully, we'll all check back in next week unscathed. Peace out.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Good Luck, God Bless and be Safe

Hey Kevin and to everyone else out there with all these natural disasters, we wish you all the best. Stay Safe!

·
South Texan
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good luck to you Jason and anyone else in your area. the why the weather channel keeps reporting, it seems its going right in your area.

they say the pressure keeps dropping and the eye has a "Stadium effect" and winds of 150mph, all of which are not good for us.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Good luck Kevin.

Now if we could only get Bush to go spend the next few days at his ranch somewhere below sea level it would make it all worth it :woot:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Good luck with everything over there looks like it could be pretty bad hopefully our government is better to handle a disaster if it comes to that.

·
Registered
101 Posts
rc74racer said:
Good luck with everything over there looks like it could be pretty bad hopefully our government is better to handle a disaster if it comes to that.

shit, we are Texans. We ride tornado's for fun, this little wind storm is gonna be a breeze. hahha

:rockon :rockon

·
South Texan
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hell i got my wake board and boat ready in case things get nasty! :woot:

i heard now its a cat 5. havent heard it on the news just from word of mouth, but i know that its a big ass storm.

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
Got 4 cases of bottled water, 10 gallon jugs and 2 cases of cans.

Got a Sam's super-duper size supply of toilet paper.

Fresh plug in the 5000 watt generator and 15 gallons of gas in the race jugs. All three trucks have full tanks as well.

Alicia left us without power for 4 days and without water for two.

Just need some more beef jerky and we're all set.

·
Registered
118 Posts
g-man said:
Got 4 cases of bottled water, 10 gallon jugs and 2 cases of cans.

Got a Sam's super-duper size supply of toilet paper.

Fresh plug in the 5000 watt generator and 15 gallons of gas in the race jugs. All three trucks have full tanks as well.

Alicia left us without power for 4 days and without water for two.

Just need some more beef jerky and we're all set.
what no beer?? Sheet, I'd get the bunker sorted with a beanbag, pot-noodles, a few slabs of beer and a motoGP 4 on the playstation!

good luck to all of you, we've not had rain in ages!

Ped

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yep, I heard it was upto a 5 when I headed into work. A friends girlfriend lives @ Galveston and had a flight out (previously planned) for late Friday and it was cancelled... she left today and had lots of traffic.

I wish all the best... BE SAFE!!! Definitely hope to hear from everyone next week.

BT

·
South Texan
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i finally got done boarding up 6 freakin houses today. got a couple cases of water, my truck is all packed up and gassed up, and i am heading to san antonio tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Man , I hope Rita doesn't turn for the worst cuase you guys in the area certainly do NOT need another one. Best of luck to ALL.:rockon

·
Registered
983 Posts
The storm surge from this bitch is going to be over 12 feet high! Make sure the RC is in the attic! :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts