Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
I dig it! :rockon

VFR swingarm? (RAM?)
Cbr forks?

I thought the consensus was that the cbr forks are all too short for the RC??? Looks like a stepped down top yoke like the cbr models have?

I would change up the 3 spoke front wheel though.

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
WTF Chuck?

:confused: Hey John,
I thought ALL the Experts here on SpeedZilla,.. YEARS ago Said,.:eek: .. the "VFR SSSA will NOT Work on our RC51s!" So....
I see what looks like a VFR Swinger on there :woot: :wacky:wtf chuck>?

In this picture,... that's all I care about Really.... forks, and the sub-frame does nothing for me..

OH,.. I should have asked First.... is this a photo shop jobber or is it real?

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
That appears to be a cbr front end with a viffer SSSarm for sure. Not a fan of the front end or the swingarm but if it had a RC 30/45 SSSarm with a single nut and "R" clip instead of the four bolts I'd be a HUGE fan!

YOHO True Dat,... the "Single Nut" set-up> IS Nicer then the 4 nut... to (Me) as well... But the 4 nut set-up is STILL Awesome!:twocents
Triumph's SpeedTriple SSSA uses the single wheel nut as well. :rockon

After reading Glenn's reply, John, can we see some more pix of "Your" SSSA set-up..... Pleaseeeeeeeee?:woot:

Peace Jeff

PS, Hello guys

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
I think the sssa is a pretty sweet look and the front end working is kinda nice.

But that VFR with Ohilin's is sick!!!!

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
^jeff how the frock ya been?

John, that thing looks good! All but that weird ass rear tire. What are you gunna wrap it in?:clapper

:rockon HAhahaha Good Rob, Thanks.. How are you? You still rolling on the CBR1000RR?
I'll shoot you a PM later, so we don't jack da thread.;)

BUMP: Hey John,... are you there? Some more pix please.... of the SSSA set-up.:clapper

·
Purveyor of immaturity
615 Posts
im definitely interested in this now

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
That rear looks bitching as the saying goes:rockon More pictures or we all going to cry photoshop:D

Subframe reminds me of a 749/999 sub.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm curious about how much work it was to get that swingarm to work on there. I have always read that it wouldn't. I want to do this to my bike and would really appreciate any info you could give me!

Also, did you have to change the subframe? Or was it just a lighter option that worked or just for asthetics of having a different tail on it.

What are the advantages of the CBR forks over the stock forks besides the radial brakes?

Thanks for any info.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts