Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got done reading the post regarding angles crest in Cali. went home for lunch and in my mailbox was my new issue of sport rider.....which on the cover........RC51 v 999 v Mille. Two pages or so into it is an article regarding he crackdown by police on the highway. Is somebody trying to tell me something? hhhhuuuuummmmmm-I wonder. Has anybody read the article? I did not have time to!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Something interesting happened over lunch (Utopia)

Yep - I read it. Seems even Andrew Trevitt got a ticket. He was trying ask riders to not be stunters and squids on the roads. But to be honest, I don't think that matters anymore. It is a craze now and they BIG BROTHERS of law enforcement have us in their sights. Ever feel like someone just walked up and trampled all over your constitutional rights to FREEdom? This BS has to stop, and I am now willing to take any power abusing peace officer to caught. Fair enough, arrest those idiots and morons that abuse the priviledge. But don't generalize upon the entire population of riders - Sheesh!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Something interesting happened over lunch (Wim_rc51)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Wim_rc51 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> It is a craze now and they BIG BROTHERS of law enforcement have us in their sights. Ever feel like someone just walked up and trampled all over your constitutional rights to FREEdom? This BS has to stop, and I am now willing to take any power abusing peace officer to caught. Fair enough, arrest those idiots and morons that abuse the priviledge. But don't generalize upon the entire population of riders - Sheesh! </TD></TR></TABLE>

the Man and his long reach has reached me a few times already in terms of verbal harassment. Actually had a friend bike impounded yesterday that normally would be go home or fixit ticket but NOPE..expensive fine here they come.

I,myself had a CHP pull a two riders behind me over when we park and immediately check our lisence plate and started pointing fingers with "YOU and YOU are getting fixit tickets!!" Cause my plate was angled a little bit( pointing backward about 7 o'clock or 200 degree) completely visible 25 feet behind me and in plain view from both side of the bike. Made us turn on our blinkers. Trying really hard to find something wrong ASAP. I rebent it back a little and he was like..UMMMM KEEP IT FLAT!!!KEEP IT LIKE IT IS OK???!?!??!?!...complete tool and power trip which I really can't blame them with all the accident and stuff runners but they profile the best and my group of five riders did speed limit or under going over. Along with all of us pulling over right away without trouble.

We been harass at our local hangout that we will have our bikes tow for any infraction...SO we made a pack to do complaint from now on as a group. One at a time of course because this is getting really silly...btw? these officers have NO BALLs to inforce this too the stunters that hang around my hang out. They only seem to want to harrass us. the ones with a job, insurance, not stolen bikes, and law abiding riders just wanting a place to hang out without any trouble.

Not all cops are bad but why is that I bump into my fair share of aussholes and she-MAN that have something to prove??

My friend said they were picked on during high school and this is there way of payback

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Something interesting happened over lunch (3stripes)

Tai - You are right. I think it is time that we as riders start making complaints of harassment. I mean c'mon, does the guy in an Escalade with 20" rims get stopped for custom wheels? Or the guy with the 300Z with Vacuum cleaner sized exhaust cans get stopped and harassed like this? If they want to do a Zero tolerance on so called customized bikes, then stop me along with all the other fat farts on Harleys and V-Twins with open pipes and enough chromes bits to fund a 3rd world nation's debt. SHEESH!!!! This is harassment - pure and simple!

The law requires we have working turn signals, visible lights, and visible plates. They should not be issuing fix its for a/w turn signals if they meet that requirements. Gimme a damn break already!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Wim_rc51 said:
I think it is time that we as riders start making complaints of harassment. This is harassment - pure and simple!
I have two to write actually
along with my other buddies with the recent CHP officer that harassed us when he was pulling over two other riders that will make 4 for him.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Something interesting happened over lunch (3stripes)

I got a ticket one time for parking near the bike cops that were working a 4 bike speed trap. I pulled over and backed in and parked just to watch them. A few min later one pulled up by me, and gave me a PHUCKING TICKET while I was sitting there with my lid off. Why, he saw my plate was forward of my rear tire! "What R U Doing Here?" "watching U, but I didn't park here to get a ticket!!!". What an asshat, so, I said, "lets race biatch!!!!" kidding. I guess the kids we all picked on are getting revenge!

Next time, I'm going to say how phucking ugly their bikes are!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Something interesting happened over lunch (mahlon)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mahlon »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I got a ticket one time for parking near the bike cops that were working a 4 bike speed trap. I pulled over and backed in and parked just to watch them. A few min later one pulled up by me, and gave me a PHUCKING TICKET while I was sitting there with my lid off. Why, he saw my plate was forward of my rear tire! "What R U Doing Here?" "watching U, but I didn't park here to get a ticket!!!". What an asshat, so, I said, "lets race biatch!!!!" kidding. I guess the kids we all picked on are getting revenge!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Like I said, you sometimes get monkeys in a suit. When the guy stopped me, he had the nerve to ask me what my bike was worth - talk about d#*k envy. He seemed pretty upset, we were all in full leathers, a souped up RC, a MV Agusta, a couple of 999's, and Aprilla and spanking new souped up R1. Turns out the guy rides as well... some kinda older model naked bike.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Wim_rc51 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ever feel like someone just walked up and trampled all over your constitutional rights to FREEdom? This BS has to stop, and I am now willing to take any power abusing peace officer to caught</TD></TR></TABLE>

ARE YOU FRICKING JOKING????? LOL yea, ok, damn these squids and stunters who ruin it for all you who go out in full leathers ...just to "cruz and do the speed limit"..yea right! Some of you are cracking me up over here with your whining and hipocracy about how the stunters who are ruining it for us all and really dont believe that it has anything with those of you who go burning canyons and mountains and open freeways...

yea, there getting silly with what they stop us for but its because of all of us...well, 98% of us... but for you jackasses who call foul cause a cop pulls you over for whatever, then ten minutes later your pullin 150 on a smooth straight of road or burning canyons at speeds well over double any posted limits, look in the phuckin mirror. Hell, I do my fair share of stupid stuff, but i damn sure dont whine about being stopped.

Ill use tais bike as an example... they gave him a hard time about his plate being bent....No SHIT...hummmmm, why would you bend it???? go figure...you call us monkeys in suits...I call us trained police officers who know what people do to their bikes when they plan on running when the lights come on behind them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Wim_rc51 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Or the guy with the 300Z with Vacuum cleaner sized exhaust cans get stopped and harassed like this? If they want to do a Zero tolerance on so called customized bikes, then stop me along with all the other fat farts on Harleys and V-Twins with open pipes and enough chromes bits to fund a 3rd world nation's debt. SHEESH!!!! This is harassment - pure and simple!

The law requires we have working turn signals, visible lights, and visible plates. They should not be issuing fix its for a/w turn signals if they meet that requirements. Gimme a damn break already!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

yes...the fast and furious crowd gets stopped too...as do the harleys who have too loud of pipes... thing is neither of these Two groups are causing as many street fatalities as we do on sport bikes...

oh, and FYI the law states a hell of a lot more that that regarding plate placment, and lighting!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Something interesting happened over lunch (sizmtrz)

Hate to to say it but Sizmtrz is right. We ruin it for ourselves and then want to blame the 'establishment'.

Modified by jamarben at 8:56 PM 6/28/2005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Something interesting happened over lunch (jamarben)

"they gave him a hard time about his plate being bent....No SHIT...hummmmm, why would you bend it????"

To answer this question, I don't have my plate bent, but I do have my plate bracket bent back every so slightly, probably like his at about 7 o'clock. Like he says, it in no way obstructs the view of the plate, unless you were trying to look at it laying on the ground by the rear tire. The only reason I did this is because it was perfectly vertical, and the 3rd time after it was mounted when I rode twisties, I came home and my friend noticed that my rear tire had hit the plate pretty hard in the middle and bent it. Therefore I angled it back just a bit to have some more clearance.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Something interesting happened over lunch (Josh D)

streetbikes cause more fatalities than cruisers???? I have worked more injury accidents and fatalities involving cruisers than i have ever heard of involving sportbikes. i am not saying that they are worse riders or anything but i might see 1 out of 15 cruisers wearing a helmet. The helmets might not have saved their lives but they at least would have had an open casket. This is just what i have noticed around central texas.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Something interesting happened over lunch (RCtexan)

I am not saying your wrong or anything this is just my experience.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
wow you guys in the west coast have it rough. here in maine it's "required" to have all that stuff for a legal bike but i have no mirrors, turnsignals, plate light or anything. The local cops hang out with us and in this small town 2 of them have hayabusa's. I always wanted to go to cali and ride but i think i'm fine here.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
its out of control here. i stopped riding on the streets here after i got arrested cause someone infront of me did a wheelie. its just crazy cops harass the shit out of sportbikes here all the time. i live between two cops and on of them came over to complain cause my rc was too loud and wanted to give me a citation. this is the same cop that has given me shit for not having my dog (a lab puppy) on a leash when i check the mail and for parking my jeep on the street. apprantly i cant park my jeep on the street. which i wierd, wheni first moved in he came over and we bull shited for 30 minutes before he knew i rode.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
kevin it sounds like the cop next door is a dick. I would have a party and show him how bad it could get all the time if he doesn't chill out.
pat

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sizmtrz »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
... thing is neither of these Two groups are causing as many street fatalities as we do on sport bikes...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually, you're wrong. Turns out the highest rate of deaths among motorcyclists in the past couple years belong to the over 40, bar hopping chopper crowd. I know, I was surprised too. I thought for sure the Squid Stunters would own that category. Not so.

I don't blame the police for stereotyping. So many guys around here run it'd be hard not to be suspicious of every crotch rocket they see.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sizmtrz »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

ARE YOU FRICKING JOKING????? LOL yea, ok, damn these squids and stunters who ruin it for all you who go out in full leathers ...just to "cruz and do the speed limit"..yea right! Some of you are cracking me up over here with your whining and hipocracy about how the stunters who are ruining it for us all and really dont believe that it has anything with those of you who go burning canyons and mountains and open freeways...

yea, there getting silly with what they stop us for but its because of all of us...well, 98% of us... but for you jackasses who call foul cause a cop pulls you over for whatever, then ten minutes later your pullin 150 on a smooth straight of road or burning canyons at speeds well over double any posted limits, look in the phuckin mirror. Hell, I do my fair share of stupid stuff, but i damn sure dont whine about being stopped.

Ill use tais bike as an example... they gave him a hard time about his plate being bent....No SHIT...hummmmm, why would you bend it???? go figure...you call us monkeys in suits...I call us trained police officers who know what people do to their bikes when they plan on running when the lights come on behind them. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I read this a couple of times before I decided how to respond. First, let me say that any apology I offer you will NOT BE because you are or might be a cop. It would only be because you might have taken personal offense to something I said.

My statement did not say cops are ALL monkeys in uniforms, I said some are. Like it or not - as in the military or any other professions - there are idiots in the ranks. That was my comment. I have friends that are cops, and I help cops, CHP and Sherrif's dept. local to me all the time - either with crimes, accident scenes, etc. So, I am not cop bashing - I am saying let's not get carried away with profiling everyone on a two wheel vehicle that does not sit low or have an American brand name on it.

As for the comment about stunters. I said I don't think it matters anymore what you do out there. The stunters have ALREADY ruined it for all, including those clad in full leathers burning a freeway at over a 100 or carving a canyon on their knees at break neck speeds. I posted on an earlier thread that if you are a good rider with the need to drop your knee in a turn - you are probably going to fast for the street. I know what you mean about plates as well, trust me, there are times I would have loved to run over the RR crowd when they stop traffic on freeways or go barrelling through canyons with no lights ... and of course... no plates, etc. I am not in support of breaking the law, I am in support of upholding it, along with everyone's rights. And I mean EVERYONE.

But, before you get your knickers all in a twist - understand what my comments were about. Please.

I find it interesting you mention that you have done your fair share of stupid stuff too. Just out of curiosity - do you flash your badge if you are stopped? No need to answer that question by the way.

Am glad to hear you say you stop the Fast and Furios crowd as well. I have seen that on many occassion - bravo! However, unless am just speaking for myself, I doubt the general riding public feels that law enforcement stops the Hog crowd as much as you indicate or suggest.

This is quite a touchy subject. I wish a dialogue between riders and law enforcement could be initiated to work this nonsense out. I for one am conflicted. Look at this thread... a cop rides with us and took offense to my comments. And by the same token, riders have issues with cops. I say again - there are great cops out there and some ride - let's get together and create a unified force rather than be at each other's necks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

In the immortal words of agador spartacus "everybody take it easy"

I see both sides of the argument. (I'm like switzerland=neutral) There are bad cops out there. Just like bad CEO's, bad accountants, bad engineers, and bad insurance folks. People that abuse the system and are just generally a pain in the ass to deal with. Cops seem to get the brunt of it however. Mostly because the deal with really scummy people the majority of the time.

Now hug and make up you two!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: Something interesting happened over lunch (Utopia)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Utopia »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">In the immortal words of agador spartacus "everybody take it easy"

Now hug and make up you two!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hey Siz.... let's take this all out on Utopia

1 - 20 of 45 Posts