Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like something, someone might be interested in. I'd be glad to go take a look for anyone who might be.

Ducati Paso

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes...you am....not sure why, but I thought the Paso seemed like something you may be interested in...

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
Thanks for keeping an eye out for me.

There was actually a 907i.e locally for sale cheap last year ($1800). Only had a few cosmetic issues but nothing that a little TLC wouldn't have corrected.

Thought hard about that bike as it sat for about a month. Ultimately I didn't buy it because I still have my VF1000R project going on and promised myself I wouldn't accumulate more bikes until the Interceptor was done.

The white with red seat certainly is unsual, I remember when they were new. Also had a very good-looking blue the same year IIRC.

Pasos are one of those bikes that in the coming years will get the appreciation they deserve.

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
Only thing I am contemplating buying soon is a dirt bike after being away for 20+ years. have some buddies at work that ride trails on the weekends, might be fun for another old guy to go out and embrarrass himself.

So sort of looking for something interesting, preferably two-stroke in the 250-400cc range. Used and cheap under $1500. So probably mid-90's vintage realistically.

Locally there were two just a couple of weeks ago: a '96 KTM 300EXC and '95 KTM 440 EXC. I had the flu and was too sick to look at them, they sold of course within days.

So still looking. Husqvarna, KTM, maybe an old Husaberg even though it is four-stroke. You occasionally see TM Racing bikes for sale within driving distance. A hand-built italian exotic made in very small numbers using premium components. May have to stretch over $1500 for one of those though. They are like the Bimota of dirt bikes, most people have never heard of them.

If I were to go buy a street bike right now, I'd drive to CO and pick this up.
1993 Yamaha 1100 Stock: UM0611 | Steamboat Powersports

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
I started riding dirt again this past year and I'm obsessed. after the r1 build is done i will be looking for a 250F for a woods bike. preferably efi and E-Start.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts