Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Some pics from the West Coast SM School @ Shawano (Dave)

I wish I had some pics of Benny Carlson riding, but it's hard to take pictures and pick your jaw off the ground at the same time.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Some pics from the West Coast SM School @ Shawano (Gerg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Gerg »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">He's just stupid sick out on the track.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

It was very fun to be on the track with him. Having him light up the rear as he passed me on the outside, or having him jump over me in the dirt... I wish I was fast enough to watch him for more than one or two turns.

Of course, Darrick and Doug were pretty damn impressive as well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Track layout for the Nasmoto event:

I'm assuming the AMA race will be different since they have to incorporate the "urbancross" ramps.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I don't know, I'd think they'd use the same layout, just add the Urbancross jumps onto the little straight shoot just before the 180º turn onto the oval.

I guess we'll just have to drive up there & see!

For those who may have missed it, West Coast Supermoto will be having 3 classes on July 25, July 26 and July 27, just prior to the AMA National round at Shawano.

Don't miss it!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (diggy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by diggy »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how long is the track in in this layout?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think it is 1.1 miles / lap.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How was the school?
I was going to go but had some bike trouble a while back.
I may go in July however.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (sm250)

It was great!

To come out of a turn after backin' it in just right and have Benny Carlson standing there grinning at you and giving you a big thumbs up is just too f#%kin' cool!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (Eric Landstrom)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eric Landstrom »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">....I think I need a new truck.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Say it ain't so!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dave »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It was very fun to be on the track with him. Having him light up the rear as he passed me on the outside, or having him jump over me in the dirt... I wish I was fast enough to watch him for more than one or two turns.

Of course, Darrick and Doug were pretty damn impressive as well.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I beat Benny in a race at Road America once. I flew by him twice, as a matter of fact.

It was the race where he ran out of gas on lap 10.

The first time I flew by, I was un-lapping myself, The second time was the clincher...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Dave,

Your track diagram kicks ass!
Good work!<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dave »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Track layout for the Nasmoto event:

I'm assuming the AMA race will be different since they have to incorporate the "urbancross" ramps.</TD></TR></TABLE>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Some pics from the West Coast SM School @ Shawano (SupermotoFan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SupermotoFan »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Dave,

Your track diagram kicks ass!
Good work!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks, it was truly a 3 minute job. I can do better.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts