Speedzilla Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts
You don't need no darn helement..That's just a Conspearicy put out by all them folks that wnat to sell sumthin....Why I have fell down so many ...many..I'll remebr..just a sec..times (that's it) an I ain't never wore one...you ain't manly if you wear one of dem....(Nice Piece) should be attached to every "New Bike Receipt":rockon:D

brian van does some really nice reviews on www.sportbiketrackgear.com they have tons of stuff at decent prices and there is a video review on most of the products...it is a good way to narow down your search before you go into a dealership to try things on.

Dam, all these years being a member here and I have NEVER read this thread before now. LOL
My feelings about this thread though is (Right or Wrong) everyone or maybe 99 out of 100 peps., who comes on to this site, will already have a MCs... Yes/No?

Over all, I think you did a good job writting this up..... but there's 1 thing >I think<>You Should change< but it's nothing really "wrong" You did, it's just when you don't know, you don't know, that's all.

What I am talking about is: the "Helmet" comment... other then this, You did good. ;)

Peace Jeff

This is a repost from myself so it is OK from the standpoint of the repost police...

Now for a contrarian’s viewpoint....

So, you want to start riding a motorcycle?

Don't do it - ever! Bikes are simply stupid toys... and they make you do stupid things, you clean them incessantly, walk into the garage just to look at them (often), buy upgrades and tell the wife/girlfriend that because titanium and carbon fiber weigh so little, you actually save money on shipping... and there is always something else to upgrade, replace, etc. You'll become a member of a silly motorcycle website (probably several) and spend hours reading pointless threads...

You'll eventually want to do track days and then the real sickness sets in. The addiction will impact your choice of car, where you live, vacations, perhaps your type and place of employment, you'll ruin any chance of having a meaningful relationship with a woman (which may actually save some money, but that's another rant....), your bank account will be drained, savings will vanish, old friends will most likely be abandoned and new friends will be addicts like yourself - with little to no future other than thinking about track days... Then, perhaps it will become terminal - you'll want to start racing... all hope will be lost... Save yourself from this fate - take up golf, shooting heroin or some other, more harmless hobby....
yup pretty much explained my life over the last 3 years. All my old friends just dont get it. They wanna blow money on bars and what not, Tried to explain to them riding is a totally different kind of high. Yesterday was 60 and nice outside and riding was great. Today went outside 8 inches of snow on the ground. I just want it to be summer. :confused:

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.