Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No comment on Val losing the front and rear at the same time and saving it?

The most amazing thing that happened in the whole race.

Believe me I have been in that exact slide with the complete oposite results. It was god like. he did not even slow down

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: So you did not see the "Save"? (sp2pilot)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sp2pilot »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> he did not even slow down
</TD></TR></TABLE>

But he did look over his shoulder to Max probably thinking "can you believe I just saved that" It was amazing.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: So you did not see the "Save"? (Phil 998)

Yep and from that point Max faded, I am sure he was thinking that Val would toss it and he would Inherit the position

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I didn't catch it - how far into the race??? I taped it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: So you did not see the "Save"? (ccaddy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ccaddy »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I didn't catch it - how far into the race??? I taped it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Towards the end....after Sete binned it.

Did you notice that towards the end, when they went through the chicane, they were keeping the bike up....not even close to having a knee down.....just tiptoeing through those corners....smart.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: So you did not see the "Save"? (roadkill)

I guess that's why they are the very best motorcyle racers in the world. I can't imagine trying to control a 200 plus HP bike on a slippery track on slicks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: So you did not see the "Save"? (roadkill)

The onboard shots were incredible, hopefully they'll have them on motogp.com today.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I first saw it from the onboard, so at first I didn't see how bad it was. After seeing it from the front ......... more support for the almost limitless skill that this guy posseses on a motorcycle.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: So you did not see the "Save"? (JamesP)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JamesP »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I first saw it from the onboard, so at first I didn't see how bad it was. After seeing it from the front ......... more support for the almost limitless skill that this guy posseses on a motorcycle.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Dude made a deal with Satan, I mean I have seen some saves but that one was just sick.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: So you did not see the "Save"? (Milhouse)

How about Barros exiting that right hander on the second to last lap! Not as close as Rossi's, but scary for sure. Rear wheel got on the damp paint and the bike started dancing faster than you could say 'man diapers'. Almost spit him off. I was tired just watching the last 5 laps of that race.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: So you did not see the "Save"? (Milhouse)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Milhouse »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Dude made a deal with Satan</TD></TR></TABLE>

Shite, if that's all you need to do to have that kind of skill on a bike, I got one for sale right here. Cheap, too.

Satan, no reasonable offers refused. Just make an offer and we can talk .......

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: So you did not see the "Save"? (JamesP)

Great save for sure. I dunno -- the guy I remember making the most incredible saves, day in and day out, was Randy Mamola. It seemed like every other race he was riding out a sure-fire highside, bucking bronco style (and breaking the occasional windscreen and wrist in the process,) to continue on and finish! That guy's will to not crash was amazing.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: So you did not see the "Save"? (Mashuri)

My point and apparently lost on you boys is, We all have spun up the rear tire. we have all had the bike try to spit us off. How many have tucked the front, and the rear at the same time and friggen save it. Shit Val lost the front end, and actuall "englished" the bike back onto the contact patch.

I tivo'ed this and watched it in slow motion about 20 times, I still can not figure out how the hell he did it. At first I thought he was just bailing off but when I watched it again He is actually lifting his outside leg and kicking his foot to sort of, like a high wire walker does to catch their balance. Unreal presense of mind to be able to not just panic.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I saw the save, it was amazing. I would had been face first on that gravel, no doubt about it.
But Biaggis also had an amazing save, pretty much identical and on the same turn. All those guys are Gods of ridding, specially them two.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sp2pilot »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My point and apparently lost on you boys is, We all have spun up the rear tire. we have all had the bike try to spit us off. How many have tucked the front, and the rear at the same time and friggen save it. Shit Val lost the front end, and actuall "englished" the bike back onto the contact patch.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Happened to me once on a freeway onramp. Turning at about 35 on my VFR (current bike) and suddenly I felt both ends slide on what probably was diesel fuel. The bike tipped over further and further as I frantically steered the bars into the turn, grinding my peg and sandwiching my boot on the ground. Then, before I knew it, she regained traction, stood upright and off I went with my best "I meant to do that" look at the drivers behind me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK people lets step back for a moment. I am a HUGE Rossi fan as well but lets be real. The "Save" was mostly luck. Sure, instincts kick in and he is the best, but sometimes it just boils down to good luck. I have been more impressed with his saves in the past. Remember the "crash but forgot to fall off" back when he was on the 500's? That time he actually "saved it" but this time I believe was good luck and physics.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: (manic)

I have to agree with manic. Rossi did "save it" but I think there was more luck than skill as oppose to other the incident manic is referring to. I did love how he looked behind him at biaggi as to say "can you believe that sh!t!".
We all have a story and mine is in VA on 60? was turning on to the sky way and hit a bunch of sand, started to slide both ends, fortunetly I was flipping from right to left same direction as I was sliding heard a big chirp and life was good.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: (casjoker)

well, Rossi agrees with you all,

Rossi,

"Today was a bit of miracle really, there was quite a lot of luck involved!"

he went on to say that it was one of the most horrible conditions he has ever faced....ridding slicks in the wet. He said that he couldn't believe there were guys actually fighting for positions behind him because he felt that him and Biaggi were simply staying together hoping one would make a mistake, but neither one wanted to engage in a battle in those conditions.

The Melandri/Edwards battle was frikking awesome. I have a bit more hope for Colin now that I saw him ride like that.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: (drsus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by drsus »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The Melandri/Edwards battle was frikking awesome. I have a bit more hope for Colin now that I saw him ride like that.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That must have been a bit disheartening for Nicky. Colin crashes out, remounts, and still manages to finish in front of him!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: (Gerg)

im not try to bash but this is the last year for Nicky to prove the Honda guys he is the next world champion... next year many talnets are going to jump from 250s and even SBKs. I think Hopkins would do much better on a Honda or Yamaha!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.