Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one else enjoying a day off due to massive snow? Man I wanna ride, maybe I can find a race game for my wii to keep me happy.

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
Entire town has been shut down since yesterday afternoon. Just spent two hours shovelling until neighbor came over with his lawnmower w/blade.

A foot down here would be like 3' in areas actually used to seeing snow.

·
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ha ha . And people ask why I left Mich. for Florida. Rode last Sunday and going to ride this Sunday:D
I know you miss all the salt on everything and shoveling endlessly :D :D :D

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
Shit, it snowed a little on Monday overnight into Tuesday. It started with freezing rain at about 1am. Then it froze overnight and hasn't been back above freezing yet. The roads were covered in sheets of ice. They are better today than they were yesterday. It's supposed to get up to 27 tomorrow.

I had yesterday and today off of school/work, and it's cancelled tomorrow too. I love having a three day weekend in the middle of the week, and I got paid for it too!

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Going snowmobiling on the weekend.... woohoo!!!!!! Heaven is, nailing the throttle on a direct injected 800cc two-stroke twin and feeling the skis reach for the sky as launch off the crest of a hill :) As least as good as bikes.

Snow has its upsides too!

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
67 and sunny today, ride to the coast(?).

Loving this global warming stuff ;) .

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Going snowmobiling on the weekend.... woohoo!!!!!! Heaven is, nailing the throttle on a direct injected 800cc two-stroke twin and feeling the skis reach for the sky as launch off the crest of a hill :) As least as good as bikes.

Snow has its upsides too!
Yes it does!!!:D

Just got back from 5 days of fun in the snow. It takes a racebike and a racetrack to match the fun of a sled.:D :D

Mikstr, I'll bet you're on a SkiDoo!

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Yes it does!!!:D

Just got back from 5 days of fun in the snow. It takes a racebike and a racetrack to match the fun of a sled.:D :D

Mikstr, I'll bet you're on a SkiDoo!
Not to make you jealous but I work in the industry and have at least one of each to ride (including F8 EXT, Apex X-TX, Renegade 800R E-TEC, ...). Also spent some time riding a few 2012 Doos last week :) Will be heading to Snow Shoot in a few weeks to test all the 2012s. Yes, I hate my job :eek:

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
-4 at the house, the coldest the car said on the way to work was -12 in a low area.

Out this afternoon in dress shirt and sweater vest with no coat. 19 F. Wasn't cold at all, I'm getting used to it. :(

Wife got a brand new ML320 twelve days ago. 420 miles on it so far. Had it pulled out of a ditch about and hour ago. I am so ready for Texas or Florida.

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Not to make you jealous but I work in the industry and have at least one of each to ride (including F8 EXT, Apex X-TX, Renegade 800R E-TEC, ...). Also spent some time riding a few 2012 Doos last week :) Will be heading to Snow Shoot in a few weeks to test all the 2012s. Yes, I hate my job :eek:
Sounds like fun. I spend a week in Mich, than a week in northern Wisconsin every year. Most people say that's crazy to go to the cold and snow, I say just spend the day on a sled. Been going up there for 16 years, the sleds sure have changed since then.

·
Registered
155 Posts
67 and sunny today, ride to the coast(?).

Loving this global warming stuff ;) .
Remember, we only call it 'global warming' when it's hot. When it's cold and snowing we call it 'climate change'. :D You started it.

Okay, back on topic...catching air at the terrain park is quite a rush.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Most people say that's crazy to go to the cold and snow, I say just spend the day on a sled.
I must admit I often get a chuckle out of the "I hate winter" crowd. Any die-hard sportbike fan would have a ball on a new sled. While I love bikes and really enjoy summer, I have to admit that the rush you get from riding a modern sled is very hard to beat.

As an aside, from a purely technical point of view, they are remarkable vehicles (and tough as hell!!!!), something that appeals to a tech buff like myself. The rear suspension, in particular is without a doubt the most advanced suspension system you'll find on any consumer vehicle. Modern high-performance two-strokes (particluarly the Rotax E-TECs) are quite impressive too, both in terms of technology and performance.

Anyhow, glad I am not alone in being able to enjoy the season and the hardware....

P.S. Wait until you see what's coming down the pipe for 2012.... he he

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Modern high-performance two-strokes (particluarly the Rotax E-TECs) are quite impressive too, both in terms of technology and performance.

Anyhow, glad I am not alone in being able to enjoy the season and the hardware....

P.S. Wait until you see what's coming down the pipe for 2012.... he he
I had a feeling you might be partial to the yellow sleds! Just like Honda...I ride red!

2012....any insight? Pm if you like...:)

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Would love to but I am under strict embargos not to disclose. You can PM me in mid-March and I can give you the scoop.

As for my preference(s), I consider myself an objective person and gladly give credit where it's due. At the moment, however, only Doo has a DI engine so in that narrow regard they get kudos..... While I am obviously not averse to four-strokes, there is something to be said for an engine design that retains all of the inherent advantages of the two-stroke (namely light weight, high power, high mechanical efficiency, (relative) simplicity,...) while matching the four-strokes in terms of lack of smoke or odour (they are more fuel efficient too). It's all about having your cake and being able to eat it too......

·
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My step brother is rocking an 800cc two stroke skidoo. He seems to like it and the speed and power.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts