Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Bemused
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Snapped the left side swingarm spool at my last track date. Did a search and all I seemed to find was guys had someone weld a new threaded "nub" on the swingarm. Seems like an OK alternative, but I was considering getting a Gilles chain adjuster, and with my new problem I'd probably just get the lifters too. My rhetorical question is, I won't be able to use my Woodcraft rear stand, right? I'll have to get a GP style stand?

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Yes, but the good news is the Gilles comes with free umbrella girls!

Semper Fi! :rockon

-Rocky-

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
Depends on the style of stand you have. If you have the one with the Y on top, propably (unless you want to mod it).

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
Just attach a pair of $10.00 e-bay spools to your stand.

if you get the gilles adjusters use the oem adjuster bolts a s these are known to fail.
Which bolt are you talking about that fails? The new bolt which replaces the OEM adjuster bolt and screw into the swingarm? I just bought a set and have heard it was improper installation which caused the failure. I just want to make sure mine do not fail.

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
The thin portion of the plate snaps on the sprocket side (I have heard) and if you look at the pic in the link I just used my oem bolts for insurance:twocents

I use the gilles bolts for the adjustment and butt-up the oems afterward.

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
The thin portion of the plate snaps on the sprocket side (I have heard) and if you look at the pic in the link I just used my oem bolts for insurance:twocents

I use the gilles bolts for the adjustment and butt-up the oems afterward.
Thanks, the picture cleared it up.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
if you get a pit bull pad stand and take the rubbers off, the little metal fingers fit PERFECTLY in the gilles lifters... that's what i use.

·
Bemused
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just curious, did it snap off when you went down in that video? Did you have a slider on it or just a spool?
Yea, that's when it snapped off. I have frame sliders, no swingarm sliders. I didn't think the spools could ever contact the tarmac on a fall, but I think the camber caused it?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Personally, I think you need a new stand. You should probably just place that Woodcraft stand out at the curb with a sign that says "free" on it.

I'm sure somebody local will have pity and pick it up. Let me know when it goes out there... :D

Eric

·
Bemused
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Personally, I think you need a new stand. You should probably just place that Woodcraft stand out at the curb with a sign that says "free" on it.

I'm sure somebody local will have pity and pick it up. Let me know when it goes out there... :D

Eric
Man, you Speedzilla guys are geniuses!

·
Registered
191 Posts
I didn't think the spools could ever contact the tarmac on a fall...
Don't be so sure, mine snapped off on the right side pretty easily in a minor fall, luckily I found it still threaded into the swingarm "nub" on the side of the road and will weld it back on.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts