Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the track on Saturday with my 250F. Completed about 3 or 4 laps before it died. I couldn't figure out the problem so I decided to go home and get the Husky. I was a little aprehensive at first, since the Husky is still brand new, and it's a much bigger bike than my Yamaha.

First few laps had me hitting the rev limiter several times. The bike just doesn't rev as high as my 250 and it took some getting used to. After a couple laps I got fairly comfortable on the 610. It performed very well. The suspension is great, and I haven't tinkered with it at all since picking it up. The tires performed better than expected, with no major unintentional slides.

The track is tight for a sportbike, and faster than most kart/supermoto tracks. The 610 felt right at home here. I think it would be a handful on a kart track. But the extra weight was not bothersome here at all.

The rear was chattering a lot on entry slides. Rider error for sure, but I think the weight of the bike multplies the chatter a bit.

All in all, I was very impressed.

I also had an opportunity to swap bikes with Eric and give the 510 a go. Now, that is one fun machine for sure!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
banda said:
I raced one for a year or two on tight, slippery kart tracks. It handled like a dream... but it just couldn't fire out of the corners like motocrossers the that are 100 pounds lighter.

Glad you had fun. Husky makes a hella cool bike, don't they?
Yep. Very cool bike.

I have enjoyed commuting on the 610, but after riding it on the track I have much more respect for this machine.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Glad to hear. I am going to take mine to a track day shortly and was wondering what to expect. The rear tire looks well used!!

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yamatr3 said:
The rear tire looks well used!!
A few miles on the road and most of those little boogers will smooth out.

I need to change the oil again after all that abuse at the track. Still only 400 miles on the bike!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Dave's 610 goes good on our local practice track. Although it didn't feel as spunky or as light as my 510, the 610 wasn't giving up too much motoring off of corners where the 610 could use its superior torque effectively.

I was having so much fun on Dave's bike that I forgot to pull in halfway through the session and swap back our bikes.

How'd you like my special 208GP slick, Dave? :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts