Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SM610 maintenance schedule

Just have a couple of questions. A while ago before I bought my 06 SM610 there was a revised maintenance schedule that was posted somewhere (in pdf format - attached). I It says it was issued in Oct 2006.

It differs a bit from the one in the paper manual that came with the bike. The main difference is that he connecting rod schedule is left out (just beneath the starting gear assembly). The manual that came wit the bike says that the connecting rod needs to be replaced after 10 000 km (which is the service interval that I’m at). I will need to get the connecting rod replaced in order to continue the remaining 9 months of the 2 year warranty. This will add a crap load of $ to my next service.

My question is, is the revised service schedule legitimate ?
If it is where can I get a full reference/statement from husqvarana saying it is?
Also
Has anyone had their 10 000 km service done?

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
Doesn't matter what we say or what you read on the internet. Best bet is to check with your dealer that services your bike.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Replace the con-rod and no mention of doing the top end (rings)? :wtfThat's a bit odd ... I would think you would at least have done a couple of top ends before doing this. Wonder if this is a Husky thing. That new schedule seems much more reasonable.

Do you have to split the case to replace the con rod? Or can you get at the con-rod bolts fromt he top?

Also I'ts amazing you actually got a 2 yr. warranty. I only got 1 year, and the dealer basically told me it was very limited ... like a "dirt bike warranty", what ever that means .. "don't call us unless it's a manufacturing defect" ... or something like that :rolleyes:

·
Registered
152 Posts
The new schedule is applicable. Aussie SM610 was concerned about his warranty coverage.

In my experience, its always best to check with the dealer in advance to make sure they are on board with the revised maintenance schedule so there is no confusion if problems arise later.

The cases do need to be split and the crank pressed apart to replace the rod/big end bearing. Not a simple task.

The warranty in the USA differs from the warranty coverage provided to the rest of the world. They get 2 years, we get 1.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good news,

Just got word back from my mechanic (MJN at R&D Husqvarna) and they contacted the importers who indicated there was infact a typo/mistake in the original manual. They are sending the mechanic the new scheduel for the 07 bike. This is good news for those in Australia who are hitting thier 10 000 km service interval and want to keep the warranty. Supposedly the new scheduel doesn't mention the conrod but does indicate a cam chain replacement (no biggy)

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts