Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have about 1,500 miles on the SM now. Periodically when I turn the key on, the instrument cluster doesn't show all data including speed, rpm, and odometer. If I press the mode button it usually comes back.

I don't want to waste time doing a warranty claim if the next cluster will probably do the same.

Is this a typical or inherit problem that most experience? Anyone have theirs changed and happen again?

Feedback appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
Spotted_Wind said:
Have about 1,500 miles on the SM now. Periodically when I turn the key on, the instrument cluster doesn't show all data including speed, rpm, and odometer. If I press the mode button it usually comes back.

I don't want to waste time doing a warranty claim if the next cluster will probably do the same.

Is this a typical or inherit problem that most experience? Anyone have theirs changed and happen again?

Feedback appreciated.

Thanks!
It has happened a few times on mine.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I noticed the aprilia has the same cluster, wonder if their's do it also?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Check your battery terminals. They loosen up from the vibration and when loose, can cause the panel to function erratically.

·
Registered
257 Posts
If Battery Terms Are tight,Take The Negative Cable Off and leave off for
about a half hour. Should Clear Up Your Problem.
However You Will Probably Have To Reset Your Oil Hrs.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mine has reset itself a couple of times and did go away once (blank screen) during a short ride. Mine has now decided to stop reading speed, though the mileage is still clocking up on it, so i'm going to most likely have it replaced under warranty. Whenever it is that they can get another one in, given that italy is basically on holiday now for a month... :banghead

·
Registered
257 Posts
Try Disconnecting Negative Battery Cable And Leave off as long as you can
stand to usually between 1/2 to 1 hr should do the trick.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm pretty sure it's the Mode Button that's getting jacked and staying on as all my warning lights stay on along with the little rpm & mph indicators on the panel. I guess this is just normal behavior and part of the "personality" of owning a Husky. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts