Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
:D Just what Johny said...

I hit the track this past weekend on my non-slippered Ducati, what a tool I was the first 2 laps..Pogo sticking the bike while blipping the throttle into turn one. I definitely missed the slipper on my other bike, but I also missed paying more attention to what the bike and motor are doing, as well as focusing on being smooth with downshifts/throttle control/ and brake feel. After a couple laps it all comes together....

Slippers are great and safe for track/race use. If you think you might have down shifted one gear too much....who cares let that baby out. They work awesome, but wear fast. If the bike is used on the street more than the track, I would stick with a regular clutch...:twocents

·
Registered
433 Posts
When you start going REALLY fast at the track and late breaking,you simply don't have the time to downshift two gears in two seconds and "downshift,blip,downshirt,blip". You'ed be close to the apex of the corner before your second shift was complete with the bike way over.:woot:
I agree though,for the street its not needed. If your going that fast on the street,your a knuckle head and its only a matter of time....

·
Registered
969 Posts
When you start going REALLY fast at the track and late breaking,you simply don't have the time to downshift two gears in two seconds and "downshift,blip,downshirt,blip". You'ed be close to the apex of the corner before your second shift was complete with the bike way over.:woot:
I agree though,for the street its not needed. If your going that fast on the street,your a knuckle head and its only a matter of time....
Late breaking preceeded slipper clutches.

Slipper clutches simply prevent wheel lock when downshifting.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Late breaking preceeded slipper clutches.
True.I guess I wouldn't been good enough to late break were I do now before slipper clutchs:notworthy . Just like many new inovations of the last 20 years. it HELPS you go faster. Especially if your track bike is a big twin:woot:

·
Ducatilicious
2,425 Posts
I call my left hand "The Slipper" for more than one reason. :D

seriously though... kind of reminds me of the Mladin traction control sticker... My Duc doesn't have a slipper and I modulate the clutch manually, is it the fastest way 'round the track, maybe not but it works for me. My Ape has a slipper, while nice, I don't like to rely on it's function.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts