Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we needed a new topic real bad. slimey crud is coming up on Sun, May 1st. anyone here going? there will be a small (6-8) bike pack rolling from N/E WI. let me know if you want to meet up.
i will personally not run anyone wide into the weeds on purpose but i'll bet someone else does.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: slimey crud run! (mikeinwi.)

by any chance is this a reference to peter egan's motorcycle group?? don't subscribe to that mag but i remember him writing about a slimy crud group...

think he rides an st2... or a new triumph or old triumph.....

just curious.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Peter Egan is a member of the Slimey Crud Cafe Racers. they are in the Madison area. he has multiple bikes but i've seen him on a 900SS at this ride most years. there is a ride every spring though called the Slimey Crud Run. it's not organized really other than it happens the 1st Sunday in May and they meet/end at the same place every year. there is no entry fee or prizes or anything like that. just cool bikes and great roads.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: (mikeinwi.)

Hey Mike,

I'll be there with a bunch of buds as well.. With any luck we'll have a nice little group. 2 - 900ss; 1 - 748; 1 - monster; 1 - sv680; 1 - Ninja; and one old cb550 w/ no mufflers.

It's kinda funny, 'cause.. most of them are coming down from your neck of the woods! Sturgeon Bay, Appleton, Manitowoc, and Valders.

We'll have to meet up and get a whole bunch of us running together!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
shoot me an e-mail with a cell # and we'll meet down there. i'm at mikepiarulli at hotmail.com

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Hey Cheeseheads,

See you in Leland & Pine Bluff for the Crud. We'll have a WADE group coming in from MKE/Waukesha area. Are you W.A.D.E. memebers? (Wisconsin Area Ducati Enthusiasts) http://www.milwaukeeducati.com/

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I wouldnt mind tagging along if that would be ok? MikeinWI, where you guys hooking up and what time? I would be coming form DePere. Where do you excatly go? I'm assuming it's an all day thing? Let me know

[email protected]

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: slimey crud run! (viper1)

I'll be there Mike. I invited some Monster cats in the area but who knows if they're up for the ride. I'll be riding, pals or not

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by viper1 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I wouldnt mind tagging along if that would be ok? MikeinWI, where you guys hooking up and what time? I would be coming form DePere. Where do you excatly go? I'm assuming it's an all day thing? Let me know

[email protected] </TD></TR></TABLE>

viper- The crud run is fun time. It's twice a year, and always the 1st. Sunday in May and October. Lots and Lots of bikes!! Arrival and departure times are whenever to whenever.. Here is something I stole from slimeycrudrun.com

Where: Pine Bluff, WI - 10AM (Peak time of total people in attendance)
Ride To: Leland, WI - 1PM (Peak time of total people in attendance)
Ride Back to: Pine Bluff, WI
Route: Make up your own!
The gathering of people and bikes starts in Pine Bluff, WI.

As it gets closer, I figure out when my group will be getting there. Right now, We hope to be in Pine Bluff by 10-11:00.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

we haven't finalized a plan. there are about 6 or so that say they are going from the valley. we usually meet in Neenah off of 41, the Winneconnie rd exit. there's a coffee house there in the Big Lots parking lot. it will be an all day event. we are currently looking for an interesting route down there instead of slabbing it. the weather will factor in also. last year it snowed. not fun.
shoot me an e-mail at mikepiarulli at hotmail.com and i'll keep you updated.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Viper, Mike I'm up for the crud run if I'm home that weekend.

Viper I live on the NE side of Green Bay and was meaning to get a hold of you some time to go for a little blast around GB.

Please keep me in the LOOP [email protected] I'll give you my cell# so we can meet up.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: slimey crud run! (s4duc)

I want to, but I'm running out of time to get my bike up and running

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: slimey crud run! (MATTinMN)

you need to get into "American Chopper" or "Monster Garage" mode and pull an all nighter. do shoddy workmanship, make lots of sparks, throw tools and ride a pocketbike thru your shop. then you'll have it done just in the nick of time. happens all the time on tv.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

That's what happened last year for my ride out to Road America. I'm cutting it a bit close now. I;m waiting on 3 parts - a wiring harness coming from Italy, a set of clip ons from Australia and a yet to be sourced windshield. My motor is at the shop getting a go-over & needs valve guide seals. I had the frame/glass all re-done & have most of the bits mounted on the frame. Just waiting on a few odds & ends. It's just time now!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
slimey crud day draws near. weather looks like it could be decent. we will be meeting in the Big Lots parking lot off 41 in Neenah at 730am with an 8am blast off time. looks like we will be slabbing it there (joy) for lack of a better route. let me know if you're interested in following or meeting up down there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts