Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last month, here in Dallas, we paid $450 for our electric bill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Granted we've got a 2,800 sq. foot house, but come on, that's INSANE!!! What really sucks is that Texas produces most of the electricity for the southern US. Those damn lobbyist & the politicians are screwing us to the wall....:banghead What are you guys paying?

·
...commandeering a beer.
1,033 Posts
Originally posted by: rdman19702002
Last month, here in Dallas, we paid $450 for our electric bill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Granted we've got a 2,800 sq. foot house, but come on, that's INSANE!!!
:banghead NO, insane, you want to talk about insane....Here in Cali, last month, I paid $350.00......for a 900 sq. foot apartment. Thats more than 3 times more your rate there sparky. It was on the tube about people paying $1000.00-$2000.00 for your size house.

:mad: That totaly stoped me from getting the reworked suspension mod...

·
Registered
116 Posts
raceghost said:
:banghead NO, insane, you want to talk about insane....Here in Cali, last month, I paid $350.00......for a 900 sq. foot apartment. Thats more than 3 times more your rate there sparky. It was on the tube about people paying $1000.00-$2000.00 for your size house.

:mad: That totaly stoped me from getting the reworked suspension mod...
Dude, what are you doing??? Lighting up the neighborhood and turning the appt into a fridge? Last month mine was $46.89 for my 1900 sq ft house with 4 roomates. Granted, we only use the refridgerator and lights once in a while at night. Everything else is natty gas, which is pretty cheap.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Ahhhh, I LOVE posts like this! I am an energy consultant and I hate to break the bad news, but it's gonna get worse boys and girls. A little tip for all you homeowners out there, the state (Calif.) did a survey of 55,000 homes in Northern California, the only common factor was all had central gas heating (a/c was optional) the homes ranged from brand new to 35 years old, and from 900 to 3400 sq ft. The average home was leaking 34 PERCENT of it's airflow thru duct leakage.....34 PERCENT!!! Do yourself a favor and strip off ALL of the duct tape from your system, and reseal all joints and plenums with Mastic sealant. (it's a law now in Calif.) You will probably get a bigger increase in "real life" energy savings and comfort, than by replacing your existing equipment. That info is free, any more and I'm gonna bill ya! :woot:

-Rocky-

·
Registered
615 Posts
rdman19702002 said:
where do you get that sealant? Is it a tape or is it a glue type substance? More info PLEASE!!!!!!
uh . . . google??

Google 101: Mastic Sealant

and now i'm beginning to understand why your electric bill must be so high . . .

"honey - it's hot outside - open the doors some more to cool off the neighborhood."

;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts