Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[url=http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/159438/1/simoncelli_opens_up__and_is_not_afraid_to_offend.html]Crash.net[/url] said:
Simoncelli announces his arrival in MotoGP with a few statements that are bound to ruffle a few feathers...

Only a month into the 2010 MotoGP season and Marco Simoncelli is already courting controversy after launching a scathing attack on rivals Alvaro Bautista and Hector Barbera, labelling them as 'girls' and 'untrustworthy'.

Already considered one of the more 'colourful' characters in the paddock, the arrival of Simoncelli in MotoGP has been much anticipated since he swept to the 250GP title in 2008, the 23-year-old having acquired some friends – Valentino Rossi – and enemies – Bautista, Barbera – along the way.

Indeed, with Bautista and Barbera, two of Simoncelli's fiercest rivals in 250cc, also making the move up to MotoGP in 2010, the war of words between the trio shows no signs of abating, with Simoncelli going so far as to call them 'girls'.

“They're not hard men – they're girls,” he told Max Magazine. “They're untrustworthy; they make things up to suit themselves. In Australia in 2008, Bautista tried to have me off, but he calculated it wrong and went down himself instead. And I can't stand Barbera!”

In a revealing interview in which Simoncelli touched upon a number of topics, the Gresini Honda rider proceeded to make the promise that he would shave off his hair should he ever win the MotoGP world title.

Furthermore, Simoncelli went on to comment about his misogynistic reputation and his opinions of women competing on the race track, claiming that 'Women who compete on the track break my balls – this is a sport for men.'

While Simoncelli's comments are unlikely to endear him to certain members of the sport, one man whom he has courted as a friend is Rossi, the multiple champion having casually mentored the youngster over the years.

Indeed, when asked whether he thought Rossi would pursue the chance to compete in Formula 1, Simoncelli said he doubted it would ever happen.

“He'll never leave MotoGP for F1. We've spoken about it, and for him too motorcycling is far more fun.”

Simoncelli has completed both MotoGP races just outside the top ten in 11th position each time. He is also classified 11th in the standings as the best placed 250GP graduate.
I like this kid!

·
Munky
532 Posts
"In a revealing interview in which Simoncelli touched upon a number of topics, the Gresini Honda rider proceeded to make the promise that he would shave off his hair should he ever win the MotoGP world title."

I guess we will never see a shaved Simoncelli.

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
This is a little known fact that Simon-celli in Italian actually translates to vinegar and water. So you may be on to something. :D

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
I can't wait to meet Simoncelli at Laguna Seca this year... I know about his
quote "Women who compete on the track break my balls – this is a sport for
men." but I will point out that not all women ride like girls... some are so
damn confident to challenged you with "if you can beat me you can eat me"

·
senior member,not citizen
465 Posts
I can't wait to meet Simoncelli at Laguna Seca this year... I know about his
quote "Women who compete on the track break my balls – this is a sport for
men." but I will point out that not all women ride like girls... some are so
damn confident to challenged you with "if you can beat me you can eat me"
introduce me to the girls, it will be a triathalon, there will be motorcycles, xbox, and naked wrestling. i will win, even if i lose lol

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just youtubed the video where he cuts someone off going into the straight and clips his brake level sending him catapulting. Was it Bautista? I never followed the 125/250 races :(

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
He'll be a force to deal with once they go back to 1000cc! 800 is way to small for him! I think some good fun poking is good for the sport!!!

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. Melandri must be so excited to have him as a team mate:rolleyes:
Melandri should be excited to have a damn ride! Lackluster performance on 3 brands in 3 years? About time to find another hobby. The Ducati guys must be like "told u it wasn't the bike".:woot:

·
Registered
365 Posts
Well he's obviously not going to get the press based on his riding in motogp so he might as well give em something to write about. There's a few fast women in racing Elena Myers is one of them too bad he won't be around long enough to race against her:D

·
Registered
350 Posts
Simoncelli will not win a MotoGP race.

·
Nice Member
1,669 Posts
Melandri should be excited to have a damn ride! Lackluster performance on 3 brands in 3 years? About time to find another hobby. The Ducati guys must be like "told u it wasn't the bike".:woot:
I don't see it that way. The duc has been a career killer for everyone but Casey. They must have listened to Nicky finally. Marco did really well I thought on the no name Kawasaki last year. He's done better this year on the Honda than in the past few. As long as he beats hair boy I'm happy.

·
Banned
148 Posts
He needs to find his own identity, win a few more championships, and find his own gimmick. Instead of trying to emulate Rossi's, with out have anything to show in the premier class, and generally coming across like a smack talking idiot.

At least Rossi has class.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
The chap is a damn good rider (who isn't at that level?). His main problem is his management. While Rossi built his own persona himself, Simoncelli was shaped into this sort of "hip kid" (mostly to sell scooters to youngsters back when he raced for Gilera)/"extreme character" by his managers. They tried to cross the Jonas Brothers with Chili and this is the end result.
The main difference is that Chili is so completely out of his mind in real life and thoroughly genuine that it's impossible not to like him. Simoncelli is very good on track but a product of clever marketing outside.
OK, can we move on to fast bikes/beautiful women now? ;)

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
At least Rossi has class.
He can be the whiny-est, panty-wearing bitch in the paddock when things are not going his way. Good thing for him things usually do go his way.

He remains the best overall racer, although I would like him to finish up for a couple of years without Burgess. Just to see if it is mostly Rossi or really a 50/50 combination of both.

Sideshow Marco might be my new least-favorite rider in the series. I hate the hoopla associated with his joining of the premier league and so far nothing to write home about. The same can be applied to what I said about Hypekins many times: win something in MotoGP, THEN be the rock star. Today you are just a rookie with two mid-pack finishes.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Well he's obviously not going to get the press based on his riding in motogp so he might as well give em something to write about. There's a few fast women in racing Elena Myers is one of them too bad he won't be around long enough to race against her:D

Simoncelli would mop the floor with Elena. Even if he rode a ninja 250. Elana is fast but lets not get out of hand.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts