Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find anyone who sells these things, can someone help me out. Looking for 1/2 system and chip to go with it??????

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: sil motor exhaust (jayhunter)

I believe they only come as full systems and you'll need a PCIIIUSB.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: sil motor exhaust (drthompson65)

no, BCM had 1/2 systems at one point with the appropriate chips. However they no longer have any.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: sil motor exhaust (oneducs)

Half systems are available. Fast by Ferracci is the main importer for Sil (because they are the only ones that speak fluent Italian). All FBF exhausts are actually Sil's, with replaced decals. FBF supplies exhausts to BCM, DucShop (my personal choice), and any other retailer who needs to get their hands on one for a customer.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually, we import directly from Sil Motor. We do not purchase through FBF. Problems with the Euro:Dollar is the main reason why we have cut back on ordering from Sil. We still have a great selection of Sil exhausts. Just no 1/2 systems left.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: (bcmducati)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bcmducati »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Actually, we import directly from Sil Motor. We do not purchase through FBF. Problems with the Euro:Dollar is the main reason why we have cut back on ordering from Sil. We still have a great selection of Sil exhausts. Just no 1/2 systems left.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I stand corrected.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: sil motor exhaust (jayhunter)

Don't know abou the chip (FIM???), but I purchased a pair from ProItalia about a year and a half ago.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: (bcmducati)

Does the 1/2 system come with a chip (or do you burn one?) or would I need a Powercommander? Also any pictures? Finally I was out on Sil's site and I didn't see any half systems, only full. Buying exhaust for a 999 is so confusing.. :)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: (drthompson65)

I'd bet my 50mm system would work great on your 999 without a Powercommander.
The problem you will find with any aftermarket exhaust is they are really designed for racing and give a strong hit at the top end, at the expense of midrange. If your bike is a street bike, that's the last thing you need. That's why I removed mine. I loved the sound, but hated the midrange hole.
But, being 50mm, I wonder if it wouldn't be the ticket for your 999...I'm not trying to sell you a pipe, but would love to hear from the experts on this theory. Then I'll try to sell you a pipe!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: (Chuckles)

This just in: Yes, this pipe will fit your 999!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: (Chuckles)

How about a Termi system with a matcjing ECU for $1500?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: (section8superbike)

Jason, is this system for 2000 748. Also, is it a 1/2 system?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts