Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

It's been a while since I last visited here. I have an issue with a friends SP1.

Since I sold all my bike a couple of years ago I haven't even touched one since :(

My mate has asked me to split his bike so he can have the frame and swinger powder coated black....

I am in the process of putting it back together atm and just put the swing arm back in. I have some sideways movement (left - right, I know it's supposed to go up and down :) ) but I was sure I put the bearings back in correctly.

Looking at another thread, I see that the SP1/2 adjusters are different lengths, this has got me thinking that the local dealer has given him the wrong ones (will check when I get home). The movement is approx 10 -15mm
but I can't think (or remember) for the life of me when I rebuilt mine if this was the case......

Any help would be appreciated....

Cheers Guys....

Jazz.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi Wingnut,

No he isn't doing the SP2 conversion - I just didn't check for movement before I stripped it out:banghead

I guess I should have.....

Link doesn;t work.....

·
Registered
545 Posts
HI Jazz,how's things? There should be no sideways play at all. have you adjusted the mounts yet or left the bearing spacers out?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts