Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn, so I ride up the dragon and back down with a buddy on saturday. There were a couple of wrecks, so on our way back I was thinking about how well everything went, for us anyway. We switched bikes for a little, he has an 04 gsxr 600 and had never riden a v-twin. Anyway we switched back and ended up following a truck for a few miles. As we come over a small rise in the road there is just crap everywhere. I see something spit out from under my buddys rear tire and realize that its the metal grate from a bbq grill. Well the damn thing is standing on end for what seemed like forever and I had no where to go. There was crap left and right. So I end up hitting it with the front tire, my foot, and whatever else. I stopped to check the damage and see that the inner front plastic and cooler grill are all jacked up. I didnt think that was too bad, but then my buddy points out the right side fairing. Its completely scratched up and broken. So all in all its gonna cost about $500. Unless someone on here has some 05 plastics for cheap. I am really frustrated, but there is nothing I can do about it. At least I didnt pop a tire or go down.
I tried to get a price on plastics from ron ayers, but the web site doesnt list 05 parts yet. I guess I will call them tomorrow.

Also I saw 2 rc's on saturday. Anyone from here?

·
Registered
123 Posts
That sucks, and is scary! I was driving one time in my truck and dodged a BBQ LID coming off the back of a truck!

I saw a lady slam into a couch one time... then another car into her, and so on. Some people huh?

I am sure you know the usual places to look for plastics, sorry about the scratches.

·
Old,Dirty,Racer
1,191 Posts
lokar said:
Damn, so I ride up the dragon and back down with a buddy on saturday. There were a couple of wrecks, so on our way back I was thinking about how well everything went, for us anyway. We switched bikes for a little, he has an 04 gsxr 600 and had never riden a v-twin. Anyway we switched back and ended up following a truck for a few miles. As we come over a small rise in the road there is just crap everywhere. I see something spit out from under my buddys rear tire and realize that its the metal grate from a bbq grill. Well the damn thing is standing on end for what seemed like forever and I had no where to go. There was crap left and right. So I end up hitting it with the front tire, my foot, and whatever else. I stopped to check the damage and see that the inner front plastic and cooler grill are all jacked up. I didnt think that was too bad, but then my buddy points out the right side fairing. Its completely scratched up and broken. So all in all its gonna cost about $500. Unless someone on here has some 05 plastics for cheap. I am really frustrated, but there is nothing I can do about it. At least I didnt pop a tire or go down.
I tried to get a price on plastics from ron ayers, but the web site doesnt list 05 parts yet. I guess I will call them tomorrow.

Also I saw 2 rc's on saturday. Anyone from here?
Reminds me of my "riding over a tree in the road episode". IMO, consider yourself lucky. I did almost the same thing on a small tree in the road, didn't go down, but caused at least $5k in damage. Your encounter could have been much worse. You could have went down, and no telling what would be the damage to bike and rider. I have seen 05 plastic on ebay.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will check it out, thanks. As far as running over things, a friend of mine a long time ago ran over a basket ball on his harley. He said it just rolled out from some kids playing in a driveway and he had no time to move. Anyway, same deal, luck he didnt go down and fortunately for him, no damage.

·
Registered
356 Posts
damn glad you ok, girl on cell ran me off the road coming up on a bridge in delaware. ended up on the opposite side by the inner part of the guard rail. it was a bitch getting that bike turned around on that slope. luckly i got help, it was still a bitch rc's are not light.

·
calculating status...
1,670 Posts
lokar said:
Do you have a link or phone number for your dealer?

University Motors
Fargo, North Dakota
701 235 6478 10am 'til 6pm is good, Sat 'til 1pm

Ask for Mike Kolstad in parts and say you are from the RC51 board. The deal is 15% over cost. Is that a good deal? I thought I was doing better but maybe that's what I'm getting too.

They discount everything for me, even things off the shelf such as oil, filters and such. I think I paid $6.89 last time I bought a filter.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.