Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taken from SOUP:

What is your opinion of Valentino in this moment?

"Valentino is the greatest ever champion of our sport. We believe he has done a great job this year, and if he wins the Championship he truly deserves it, as he has been consistent and very fast all year. The fact that he is 36 years old increases the respect for such a great champion. Having said that, we don't understand his accusation related to the Phillip Island race and his maneuver in Sepang. We hope that Valentino will think it over and understand his mistake."

What is your target for Valencia?

"As always, our target is to win! Our hope is that Marc and Dani can fight for the win. If they can finish first and second - it doesn't matter for us which order - then we will be very happy. First of all, because we want to finish this season with the 4th win in a row, second because if they both are in front of Jorge and Valentino, their result will have no influence in the battle for the title and - finally - we hope everybody will understand that Honda riders race for the win and the pure competition, for nothing else."

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Taken from SOUP:

What is your opinion of Valentino in this moment?

"Valentino is the greatest ever champion of our sport. We believe he has done a great job this year, and if he wins the Championship he truly deserves it, as he has been consistent and very fast all year. The fact that he is 36 years old increases the respect for such a great champion. Having said that, we don't understand his accusation related to the Phillip Island race and his maneuver in Sepang. We hope that Valentino will think it over and understand his mistake."

"As always, our target is to win! Our hope is that Marc and Dani can fight for the win. If they can finish first and second - it doesn't matter for us which order - then we will be very happy. First of all, because we want to finish this season with the 4th win in a row, second because if they both are in front of Jorge and Valentino, their result will have no influence in the battle for the title and - finally - we hope everybody will understand that Honda riders race for the win and the pure competition, for nothing else."
Yeah I thought this was a class act. I'm wondering why we haven't seen a press release from Yamaha supporting Rossi or his actions.

Maybe, best just to let that lie...

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Reactions: Waldo

·
He with the senior member
5,671 Posts
Taken from SOUP:

You saw how pissed Nakamoto looked at MM after the race? He knows....

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You saw how pissed Nakamoto looked at MM after the race? He knows....
Yup, I saw that. He was probably pissed for Marquez blocking Pedrosa from getting the win. Pedrosa would've surely won if Marquez hadn't been so quick to try and hold him off. But oh well. That's racing as they say. I hope the knob polishing Jorge gives him tonight is well worth it. hahahahahaha

As arrogant of a company HRC is, the Japanese strongly believe in fighting with honor. ....and this simply was BS.

Jorge rebounded nicely this season. Gotta give credit where credit is due.

·
He with the senior member
5,671 Posts
Thx.

On the kicking I'm here nor there on it. IOW I don't care. What I do question is why Yamaha hasn't issued anything supporting rossi's claims.

As always, it's not what they said or addressed but what they didn't say or address.
I suggest that you just prefer to not see their support.

Jarvis said this:

"From the first race in Phillip Island it has led to the accusation the Valentino made the other day about Marc’s attempt to control the race and attempt to influence the Championship and I think that what we saw in the race was the revenge of Marc Marquez towards Valentino’s statements in the media."

"I think you have to see the bigger picture and you have to question the motivation of the style of race and the way and the attempt of Marc to clearly disturb Valentino to the maximum. "

"Finally that resulted in an overflow of frustration by Valentino and that boiled over and he made a move that was an incorrect move by taking Marc out to the side of the track. Then unfortunately Marc deicide to turn in hit the leg, that caused an incident and Marc fell off."

"At the same time we feel that the penalty is quite harsh, to give three points when normally Valentino is not a dirty rider. He is not a rider that creates issues and problems for other people, so as a team we appealed to the FIM to the first decision of the Race Direction."

I'd suggest that these statements say it clearly....

1. Yamaha believe that MM interfered with Rossi.
2. Rossi reacted inappropriately by running MM wide
3. MM turned into Rossi, collided and fell off.

Not sure why you think Yamaha have not "issued anything supporting Rossi's claims"

...but at this stage, it matters no longer. MM had his way.
Looking forward to next year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts